PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie on the Score


Palehose13
12-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Oz was on with this afternoon with Mike North *shudder*. I didn't hear all of it (I think I missed the first few minutes), but this is what I got from it.

1. Things are fine with Frank. Cora spoke to him last week. Frank seems to be excited about the upcoming season.

2. Regarding trade rumors: Dodged this one, but did elude to wanting more pitching (sounded like a starter and a reliever)

3. Uribe is a natural SS, but has experience playing OF. Apparently Sandy Alomar (who played with the Rox) thinks highly of him.

4. At this point, Frank is the DH except for when the Sox play NL teams.

5. He is confident and has been assured by KW and JR that he will have a competitive team this coming year.

6. It is hard to say what he is going to do with the team because he doesn't know what his team looks like yet.

#6 leads me to believe that there are going to be some deals made. Hopefully they will be deals to make us competitive (see #5) and not be a salary dump.

ph13

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Sounds like there will be a lot of moves after Christmas.

TornLabrum
12-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
5. He is confident and has been assured by KW and JR that he will have a competitive team this coming year.

The only question is, will they be competitive against the rest of the American League or the Little Sisters of the Poor?

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The only question is, will they be competitive against the rest of the American League or the Little Sisters of the Poor?

Or will it be like last year? Go out there with a half assed starting lineup and trade half the team at the break and figure out that it's too late.

:jerry
"I could have still screwed that team up if i had all those guys to tinker with from day 1 "

MisterB
12-05-2003, 08:29 PM
4. At this point, Frank is the DH except for when the Sox play NL teams.

Feh. Same Old [Shine-ola]...

Palehose13
12-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Feh. Same Old [Shine-ola]...
I think he had to say that about Frank as DH. If they are going to trade Konerko, why would he tip us off. ;)

I'm gonna stay positive until the end of January...then worry.

RKMeibalane
12-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
4. At this point, Frank is the DH except for when the Sox play NL teams.

PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST!

duke of dorwood
12-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Until we hear otherwise, Confidence is low that they will be better than last year

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Until we hear otherwise, Confidence is low that they will be better than last year

They'll make some moves right before Soxfest as always to get everyone pepped up for when they have to face the fans.

nasox
12-06-2003, 01:35 AM
way too much negativity around here

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by nasox
way too much negativity around here

And where are the positives? Watching the Cubs RedSox and Yankees Load up while we're trying to figure out how to dump salary?

jordan23ventura
12-06-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


And where are the positives? Watching the Cubs RedSox and Yankees Load up while we're trying to figure out how to dump salary?


Yes, that is a positive. They are setting the market so we can make trades. It's not like we could have affored anyone who these teams have signed. The free agent signing that JR could have "afforded" that would have benefitted the team was Escobar or Pierzynski, but we already have Olivo cheaply and Sandy as a cheap back up. Gordon is a risk, Lee, Castillo, Shef, Curt, etc. etc. unpayable.

flo-B-flo
12-06-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by nasox
way too much negativity around here Forever we have had to hear, cost cutting, budget, can't afford, while the yankers and the bosox (and now the scrflubs) spend and spend to...........never f#$%@% mind.

JC456
12-06-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST!
Sox will lose, Sox will lose, Sox will lose.

JC456
12-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by JC456
Sox will lose, Sox will lose, Sox will lose.

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Yes, that is a positive. They are setting the market so we can make trades. It's not like we could have affored anyone who these teams have signed. The free agent signing that JR could have "afforded" that would have benefitted the team was Escobar or Pierzynski, but we already have Olivo cheaply and Sandy as a cheap back up. Gordon is a risk, Lee, Castillo, Shef, Curt, etc. etc. unpayable.
We'll see in a few months.

harwar
12-06-2003, 11:51 AM
The Ozzie Guillen hiring was a clear sign the the White sox have totally given up and i think we will be in last place for years to come.

CubKilla
12-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by harwar
The Ozzie Guillen hiring was a clear sign the the White sox have totally given up and i think we will be in last place for years to come.

If Detroit wasn't in our Division, I might have to agree with you. However, I think the penny-pinching more than Ozzie will be the demise of the White Sox.

CubKilla
12-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST!

If Konerko is dealt, the prospects of this increase 10-fold..... IMO. I don't think the White Sox will look to deal for a 1B if Konerko is dealt and I do not see JR resigning a Daubach because of $$$$$ issues.