PDA

View Full Version : Tejada Gets Offer


Lip Man 1
12-05-2003, 07:24 PM
According to The Sporting News radio network, Seattle has offered Miguel Tejada a three year deal worth 26 to 28 million. The deal also has an option year after the original three.


Lip

Hondo
12-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Did I hear right that Detroit was going to make a push for him?

Huisj
12-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Did I hear right that Detroit was going to make a push for him?

i heard that this afternoon too. said that dombrowski was willing to overpay for him to get him too.

but would he even go there? he isn't going to turn that franchise around by any means. the only way they will get better is by developing enough talent from within to become almost decent. only then will they be able to attract any impact free agents. they will suck for a while it looks like

duke of dorwood
12-05-2003, 10:20 PM
He'd NEVER go to Detroit-you cant hit homers there

Brian26
12-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Tejada is the Manos of the west coast. Anyone who overpays him at this point is nuts. He'll never produce again like he did in 2002.

jordan23ventura
12-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Maybe Tejada could sign Detriot. Dmitri Young could be his bodyguard, maybe a few others could do his cleaning. Plus, there has to be someone on that team who knows plumbing and HVAC.

Brian26
12-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Plus, there has to be someone on that team who knows plumbing and HVAC.

Plumbing used to be Fick's job.

dougs78
12-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
According to The Sporting News radio network, Seattle has offered Miguel Tejada a three year deal worth 26 to 28 million. The deal also has an option year after the original three.


Lip

9 million per year, sounds a little high for Tejada. But it is refreshing to hear Detroit mentioned with these free agents.

At least someone other than NY, Bosox, Dodgers, Seattle, Cubs, Mets and Baltimore.

jordan23ventura
12-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dougs78


9 million per year, sounds a little high for Tejada. But it is refreshing to hear Detroit mentioned with these free agents.

At least someone other than NY, Bosox, Dodgers, Seattle, Cubs, Mets and Baltimore.


The move is just so Hawk can say "Frank Thomas, Mark Buerhle, Esteban Loaiza, Carlos Lee and the White Sox vs. Miguel Tejada and the Tigers."

RichH55
12-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
The move is just so Hawk can say "Frank Thomas, Mark Buerhle, Esteban Loaiza, Carlos Lee and the White Sox vs. Miguel Tejada and the Tigers."


I would have loved to see how either TB or Det. sold their games against each other last year?

doublem23
12-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
According to The Sporting News radio network, Seattle has offered Miguel Tejada a three year deal worth 26 to 28 million. The deal also has an option year after the original three.


Lip

If it goes down, Carlos Guillen anyone?

jordan23ventura
12-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by RichH55



I would have loved to see how either TB or Det. sold their games against each other last year?


Anytime you get a player with a porn star name like Rocco Baldelli you can exploit it. Too bad Cleveland has Coco Crisp and Milton Bradley, both of whom I would love to see here.

As far as Detroit, they probably ran commercials advertising Dmitri Young at the Swap-O-Rama. He had a stand selling Pubu and Detroit Figers shirts and fake gold necklaces.

jordan23ventura
12-07-2003, 12:55 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing:

F. Garcia/Guillen for Maggs/Harris, Rowand or Wright

MHOUSE
12-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
I was actually thinking the same thing:

F. Garcia/Guillen for Maggs/Harris, Rowand or Wright

What are you nuts? Garcia is a sucky head case and as far as I know Guillen sucks as well which is why they need to get Tejada anyways. You want to give them Maggs for those two? At least get some talent for our franchise player please.....