PDA

View Full Version : Sox, Alomar still far apart

BeerHandle
12-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Alomar article in the Tribune. There are a lot of other hot Sox topics in the article. I still hope we can move PK for Perez!

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-031204soxmain,1,1184538.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Brian26
12-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Excellent article explaining the importance of offering arbitration to our free agents.

BeerHandle
12-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I agree.............There are a lot of situations that still can play a huge factor on how this team shapes up. I think some of the keys are:

1. Can we move PK?
2. Will Maggs be traded?
3. Will they get Colon at a cheaper price?
4. Can we get Hot Carl as our DH?
5. Alomar could be the last piece to the puzzle.

It will be exciting and I hope the stars align and the Sox put the best team (at least in the Central) on the field.

nodiggity59
12-05-2003, 02:32 PM
The Konerko deal looked certain yesterday and looks like a long shot today... odd.

Baby Fisk
12-05-2003, 02:36 PM
I see headlines like this and my buttocks clench together. I'm watching the Yanks and BoSox lob missles at each other and I open the Tribune page and see "Sox, Alomar still far apart." Gaa!

At least the office Xmas party is about to get under way... :gulp: Wake me after the winter meetings.

BeerHandle
12-05-2003, 02:48 PM
The Holidays are another reason great reason to drink!

Hopefully, the Sox will begin to make some great moves during the Winter MLB Meetings and then we can drink and celebrate

DoubleNickW
12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
i'm ready to start drinkn now. this infield without Robbie looks scary. Can't wait to see the mighty Harris put up a .180 avg.

Frater Perdurabo
12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
The Konerko deal looked certain yesterday and looks like a long shot today... odd.

Trade talks often get hot and cold several times. We just won't know until it happens.

Just yesterday I dismissed the Manny Ramirez to Rangers for A-Rod trade as fantasy. But today that rumor was a Page 1 story/column in the local paper. Such a trade gives credence to the Maggs and Koch to Boston for Nomar and Damon rumor from yesterday.

Remember the huge trade from over a decade ago between the Blue Jays and Padres? Joe Carter and Robbie Alomar for Tony Fernandez and Fred McGriff. Who would have thought that? Same thing with Mike Piazza getting traded twice in one week a few years back.

It is going to be a wild ride these next few weeks, IMHO.

DoubleNickW
12-05-2003, 04:03 PM
On the mlb page in espn showing the top 50 free agents, they predict Vina coming here. Anybody hear anything?