PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guardado

SpecialEd21
12-05-2003, 12:23 PM
The Star Tribune is reporting that Eddie Guardado has received offers from four teams excluding the Twins. This is great news for the Sox in division, but there is some bad news. The news that I am referring to is that Eddie has gotten deals from the Oakland A's, Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners, and last and certainly least the Chicago Cubs. Now I hated facing Hawkins and Guardado when they were Twins. If these two join back up in Chicago I am going to despise them.

In my personal yet humble opinion he probably will sign with the Cubs. It is logical considering he was best friends with Hawkins. Hell these two were so close that they made agreement if one left Minnesota the other would do the same. And it seems that the Cubs will be one step closer to getting to the World Series if they land Guardado. ARMAGEDDON HAS BEGUN.

Hangar18
12-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by SpecialEd21
The Star Tribune is reporting that Eddie Guardado has received offers from four teams excluding the Twins. This is great news for the Sox in division, but there is some bad news. The news that I am referring to is that Eddie has gotten deals from the Oakland A's, Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners, and last and certainly least the Chicago Cubs. Now I hated facing Hawkins and Guardado when they were Twins. If these two join back up in Chicago I am going to despise them.

In my personal yet humble opinion he probably will sign with the Cubs. It is logical considering he was best friends with Hawkins. Hell these two were so close that they made agreement if one left Minnesota the other would do the same. And it seems that the Cubs will be one step closer to getting to the World Series if they land Guardado. ARMAGEDDON HAS BEGUN.

I wish I saved the POST I had last year, In which I predicted
Pierzynski, Hawkins, and Guardado would ALL be Cubs in 2004.
I was THISCLOSE to being right. I also predicted Kenny would be a Cub last year, but the Pirates signed him instead.....
then Gave his cheap salary away to the Cubs anyway.....

CHISOXFAN13
12-05-2003, 12:33 PM

So you'd rather have Guardado pitch for the Twins who we face 19 times rather than the Cubs who we face six times.

I'll never undestand this logic.

SpecialEd21
12-05-2003, 12:34 PM
The funny thing is that the Cubs actually tried to land Pierzynski, but word is the Twins were asking for too much. But seriously I would hate to have to face the Cubs pitching next year if they land Guardado. Considering their one big weakness was their pen and that could end up being one of their major strengths this year. A pen with Guardado, Hawkins, Borowski, Farnsworth, and Remlinger looks pretty tough to hit on paper.

SpecialEd21
12-05-2003, 12:38 PM
No I said that it was good news that he was leaving the Twins, but the bad news is that he was going to the Cubs. Considering that they were just a mouse's fart from the series last year I don't want them to have a great offseason which they seem to be having. I would much rather have the Twins win it all than see the Cubs do the same.

CHISOXFAN13
12-05-2003, 12:42 PM
No I said that it was good news that he was leaving the Twins, but the bad news is that he was going to the Cubs. Considering that they were just a mouse's fart from the series last year I don't want them to have a great offseason which they seem to be having. I would much rather have the Twins win it all than see the Cubs do the same.

If the Cubs sign Guardado, they won't have the funds to afford a quality second baseman, catcher and centerfielder.

To me, those are their biggest holes.

I'm just shocked that the Twins are letting everyone get out of town. They have a nice system, but they might be relying on too many young players to win a third straight crown.

SpecialEd21
12-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Well the article said that the offers were in the 4 million dollar a year range. Now I don't know the Cubs budget, but I think that it is probably going to be in the 85-90 million dollar range this offseason. And considering they have deals on the table for Lofton, Grudzielanek, and Goodwin. I don't know how much money they will have leftover in their budget. In center I think Corey Patterson will be back, but who knows how he is going to be coming off his injury.

Hangar18
12-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
So you'd rather have Guardado pitch for the Twins who we face 19 times rather than the Cubs who we face six times.

I'll never undestand this logic.

I think what he meant was that this New Pirate/Twin
saturated Cub Team would DOMINATE the Airwaves &
Print Media here, making anything the SOX DONT do this
offseason pretty much Digging their own Graves and helping
fill the Balloons for the soon-to-be Cub WS Parade float next October. SUre, we averted potential Disaster for the future
of our team, thanks to the Goat and the Marlins, but how
Long are the SOX going to walk the Razors Edge, in regards to
letting the Cubs Determine their Fate in this town? When
do we Control Our Own Destiny for a Change?

Brian26
12-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If the Cubs sign Guardado, they won't have the funds to afford a quality second baseman, catcher and centerfielder.

I think they'll be ok with Patterson in centerfield, but there's no way in hell they get the same production from the secondbase and catcher positions as they did with the bums they had last year. Those were career years.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
If teh Twins are gonna give their team away and the Sox can put togehter a decent team and lets just say Ozzie's good enough to win a division. ..............................

We will win because the division sucks and we're depending on everyone else getting weaker so we can get to the playoff and get our asses handed to us. never saw that before.

Brian26
12-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
We will win because the division sucks and we're depending on everyone else getting weaker so we can get to the playoff and get our asses handed to us. never saw that before.

Whom are you referring to? The 2000 Sox had the best record in the American League.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Whom are you referring to? The 2000 Sox had the best record in the American League.

That team wasnt expected to do anything from the start. I'm talking about the last part. getting sent home in the first round.

Brian26
12-06-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
That team wasnt expected to do anything from the start. I'm talking about the last part. getting sent home in the first round.

Ok, I can't disagree with that. I wouldn't say that they made the playoffs in 2000, though, because they were in a weak division. They dominated everyone except Oakland and Seattle.