PDA

View Full Version : Individual ticket prices for 2004

ewokpelts
12-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Hey all,
I talked to my rep, and I asked how much individual tickets will be in 2004. Based on the price levels he told me(udr and bleachers) it'll be four bucks higher than the full season ticket discount. Mind you, teh listed ticket price for full season holders is also based on new customers.

According to my info, here's what it'll look like:
Premium Club Box
m-th: 35
f-su:39

Club Box
m-th:34
f-su: 37

Premium Lower Box
m-th: 34
f-su: 37

Lower Box
m-th: 28
f-su: 32

Lower Reserved
m-th: 24
f-su: 28

Bleachers
m-th: 22
f-su: 26

Premium Upper Box
m-th: 18
f-su: 22

Upper Box
m-th: 16
f-su: 20

Upper Reserved
m-th: 12
f-su: 16

DONT FORGET.....the flub series is an extra five bucks a ticket, so the bleacher seat will be priced 31 bucks.
These may not be the final prices, but it's more or less what we need to expect.
Gene

Huisj
12-05-2003, 12:04 PM
that sucks. i wouldn't be surprised at all if attendance sucks more this year than other recent years. i don't see myself being able to go to hardly any games this year, i can't imagine any of the guys i usually go with wanting to go now with prices like those on the weekend. and weekdays just don't work for a whole lot of people.

soxnut
12-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Some of the pricing I'm not thrilled with. But, an upper deck reserved seat during the week, where I can sit in the front row, in line with 1st or 3rd base for 12 bucks, I like. :smile:

CHISOXFAN13
12-05-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
Some of the pricing I'm not thrilled with. But, an upper deck reserved seat during the week, where I can sit in the front row, in line with 1st or 3rd base for 12 bucks, I like. :smile:

So it's going to cost 21 bucks to sit in the UD reserved for a Cubs game?

That's asburd.

The Sox are beginning to price me out of going to as many games as I like to.

MarqSox
12-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Plain and simple, I think the Sox just priced me out of their range. Due to my work schedule and the fact that I live out of state, I can only make weekend games ... I simply can't afford, after parking, to be spending $30 on an upper deck reserved seat. I just can't justify it. I won't even begin thinking about the lower deck ... $50 after parking to sit in the bleachers? Are they out of their minds? :whiner:

kempsted
12-05-2003, 01:16 PM
AWWW Common guys. The Cubs just did a 5.00 across the board increase for their season ticket holders and are just counting the cash - because they are sure every seat will be filled.

The WhiteSox reorganized their pricing. It went up (never more than a buck - except the games against the Cubs where half the seats are filled with Cub fans who are still paying less than the Urinal) for some seats and down for others. Even with the same attendance this year as last you will not get a large revenue increase - certainly not the 12 million dollars the Cubs are getting.

I guess all of the poor people are White Sox fans and rich people are Cubs fans.

kittle42
12-05-2003, 01:17 PM
JR is nuts.

CHISOXFAN13
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by kempsted
AWWW Common guys. The Cubs just did a 5.00 across the board increase for their season ticket holders and are just counting the cash - because they are sure every seat will be filled.

The WhiteSox reorganized their pricing. It went up (never more than a buck - except the games against the Cubs where half the seats are filled with Cub fans who are still paying less than the Urinal) for some seats and down for others. Even with the same attendance this year as last you will not get a large revenue increase - certainly not the 12 million dollars the Cubs are getting.

I guess all of the poor people are White Sox fans and rich people are Cubs fans.

The Cubs raised their ticket prices and traded for a proven Gold Glove first baseman who can hit and run and one of, it not, the best set-up men in the game.

The Sox acquired Juan Uribe.

Pathetic

WhiteSoxWinner
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have last year's prices for comparison purposes?

anewman35
12-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
The Cubs raised their ticket prices and traded for a proven Gold Glove first baseman who can hit and run and one of, it not, the best set-up men in the game.

The Sox acquired Juan Uribe.

Pathetic

I didn't realize that the offseason was over and the Sox weren't going to acquire anybody else. . Remember, these prices just game from somebody asking somebody else, there hasn't been a press release or anything, and I strongly suspect there won't be for a while. A lot can happen before then.

Also, I just love how everybody only looks at the increase and ignores the fact that prices actually go down on the majority of seats for the majority of games!

anewman35
12-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Plain and simple, I think the Sox just priced me out of their range. Due to my work schedule and the fact that I live out of state, I can only make weekend games ... I simply can't afford, after parking, to be spending $30 on an upper deck reserved seat. I just can't justify it. I won't even begin thinking about the lower deck ... $50 after parking to sit in the bleachers? Are they out of their minds? :whiner:

It's called supply and demand. There's more demand for weekend seats, so it makes perfect sense to charge more for them. As for parking, yes, it's very overpriced. I have no idea if it's an option for you, but I usually park at an El station and take the train, I save $10 that way.

joecrede
12-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Looks like some of the seats in the UD remained the same price on the weekends and some of them actually decreased. Weekdays most of the prices have decreased. Some by as much as 50%(!)

The people who have no problem sitting up there should be happy about the price changes.

DannyCaterFan
12-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Ahhhh for the good ole days at old Comiskey Park, circa 1968, when a box seat went for $3.50 and a bleaher seat was just $.50. Hey and we had some good teams before 68 too. Popcorn and a coke went for a total of $.50 too. Seems a family of four could afford the ballgames in those days.

joecrede
12-05-2003, 01:52 PM

That's asburd.

Last year, half of those same seats went for $18 (or was it $20?) and that was without the $5 added charge.

Stoky44
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Not many people sat in the UD, raising the ticket price should help that. Oh yeah I forgot the UD has changed so much with the renovation. Good thinking JR.

FanOf14
12-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Last year, half of those same seats went for $18 (or was it $20?) and that was without the $5 added charge.

I thought it was $18, then again, I am not sure at all. :?:

Tekijawa
12-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Look at the "ticket" increase for Running out on the field. It jumped from probation to 6 months in Jail in 2001 and 2002 respectively... I would imagine that if you do that this year durring the Cubs game you'd probably recieve the death penalty!

anewman35
12-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
Not many people sat in the UD, raising the ticket price should help that. Oh yeah I forgot the UD has changed so much with the renovation. Good thinking JR.

Once again, for most games, most upper deck seats have cheaper prices. Why ignore that fact? Is it because it doesn't work to make JR bad?

anewman35
12-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I thought it was $18, then again, I am not sure at all. :?:

I'm almost positive that last year, it was $14 for reserved, $20 for box.

anewman35
12-05-2003, 02:10 PM

That's asburd.

The tickets for the Cubs games should be priced like playoff tickets. They are going to sell out pretty much no matter what. You all want a higher payroll, where do you think the money from that comes from? Charge as much as you can for those three games, especially since half of it is going to be coming from Cubs fans.

Brian26
12-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Upper deck reserved this year might be the biggest steal in baseball. If they continue with half-price nights, it's an even bigger bargain. Can't wait for the new upper deck.

Huisj
12-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Upper deck reserved this year might be the biggest steal in baseball. If they continue with half-price nights, it's an even bigger bargain. Can't wait for the new upper deck.

With the newly chopped off upper deck, there might not even be enough upper deck reserved seats to go around.

DSpivack
12-05-2003, 06:50 PM
How do they have big-market prices with a 'small market' team?

PaleHoseGeorge
12-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Here are the prices WSI gathered for Sox games from 2003 all the way back to 1947.

Sox Fans, who loves ya baby? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=3&id=2052)

2003 Sox Prices
$29 Club (?)
$29 Lower Box
$24 Lower Reserved
$20 Upper Box
$14 Upper Reserved
$22 Bleachers

I'm not sure where some of you are getting your information, but if true the new single-game ticket prices represent a financial windfall for the Sox. The new "premium" sections are outrageous increases for a team not adding a penny of payroll.

ewokpelts
12-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Here are the prices WSI gathered for Sox games from 2003 all the way back to 1947.

Sox Fans, who loves ya baby? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=3&id=2052)

2003 Sox Prices
$29 Club (?)
$29 Lower Box
$24 Lower Reserved
$20 Upper Box
$14 Upper Reserved
$22 Bleachers

I'm not sure where some of you are getting your information, but if true the new single-game ticket prices represent a financial windfall for the Sox. The new "premium" sections are outrageous increases for a team not adding a penny of payroll.

George,
I asked my ticket rep directly about the prices in the udr and bleachers(I'm debating moving my tickets to the udr). The difference between the full season ticket and the number he quoted for individual tix was four bucks. Presuming that the other increases are more or less the same, I presented the prices I think will be in effect. Nonetheless, the udr prices are attractive, especially to someone who will pay at least 23 a game to sit in the bleachers. Hell, a full season's only 200 bucks more than what my invoice lists 27 weekend bleacher games go for. That 200 would only cover about 10 more games walkup. Methinks that Jerry wants us frugal fans to migrate up the mountain.
Gene

doogiec
12-05-2003, 08:15 PM
I received a spreadsheet from my season ticket rep comparing single game ticket prices to season tickets.

The $4 ticket spread is correct except premium lower deck (infield) and club seats. They intend to sell those at $10 above the season ticket price.

nasox
12-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by kempsted
certainly not the 12 million dollars the Cubs are getting.
]\

the cubs had about 72 million in revenue (based upon ticket sales solely-no concessions or extras, tv rights, merchandise, etc.), not 12 mil. If i did the math correctly, here are my numbers:

average ticket price: 24.21 (as from chicago tribune)
total attendance: 2,962,630
atp x attendance= 71,725,272.3

this attendance will go up even more if they add the proposed preium seating they want to.

Just for your info, here are the White Sox numbers

total attendance: 1,939,524
average ticket price (excluding club seats): 21.8
atp x attendance= 42,281,623.2

the difference is pretty big but still not as bad as I thought.

*note* the numbers are not exact and this excludes discounts for half price mondays/tuesdays or season tickets (or other plans)
ALSO, revenue is not total revenue-does not include concessions or parking or premium (suites) seating, etc.

TornLabrum
12-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

2003 Sox Prices
$29 Club (?)
$29 Lower Box
$24 Lower Reserved
$20 Upper Box
$14 Upper Reserved
$22 Bleachers

Club price in 2003 was $40 for individual tickets.