PDA

View Full Version : Raising Ticket Prices!

ukigdog
12-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Question, the last time KW said anything about our budget, was a while ago, where we are estimating it around 60 million. He never really came out and said that it was 58 or what i dont think. It has been a while since he has mentioned the budget i think.

This is a long shot, but maybe JR's recent rise in ticket prices is a way of him saying that he may raise the payroll even more and give us a shot cause he realizes that the division is so weak and we just cant make the budget that he wants. Maybe his rise in ticket prices means that he may be giving KW the ok to go up over 60 to like 65-68 mill range. That would be nice??

nodiggity59
12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
KW's apparent course of action seems to support that argument. We don't seem to be seeing any strictly salary dumping moves that would be necesary to get the team under 60mil.

Based on the facts so far Id say you're right, but JR's history does speak volumes so...

kittle42
12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ukigdog
Maybe his rise in ticket prices means that he may be giving KW the ok to go up over 60 to like 65-68 mill range. That would be nice??

Ha. Ha, ha.

ukigdog
12-05-2003, 11:49 AM
I really do hope so that he is giving some leway with the budget for next year to get a competitive team to win the central cause it is so weak. I know his past, but it would be nice for once.

I just cant explain why else he would raise the season ticket prices?? We didnt win last year, no playoffs??? its too confusing. Speaking of how he is such a savvy business man. He hardly got fans last year so you raise the prices??? comeon, something is going on with the ticket price raises that we dont know about.

Rocky Soprano
12-05-2003, 12:06 PM
I agree something might be going on. I just dont hope that "the something" is JR's pockets getting bigger.

Lip Man 1
12-05-2003, 12:32 PM
I would be very shocked if at the last minute the Sox swoop in and start signing good players because Uncle Jerry, in the spirit of the season, has decided to raise the payroll ten million.

I just don't think that's going to happen. a better reason for raising ticket prices (again) may be because this year the Sox will have to pay the city for crowd control for 81 games.

Lip

ewokpelts
12-05-2003, 12:45 PM
with uncle jerry...you never know