PDA

View Full Version : Everybody has to stop drinkin the colon koolaid!

habibharu
12-05-2003, 10:27 AM
i mean cmon! there is absolutely no way he deserves 12 mil a year from us. his ERA was almost 4!! i realize that he is a horse with 9 comp. games, but a guy with an era of 4 doesnt deserve 12 mil. i dont care what his market value is. i much rather have ponson or millwood.

MarqSox
12-05-2003, 10:48 AM
I've tried to refrain from making jokes about Bartolo's name ... but "Colon Kool-Aid" is just an absolutely disgusting thought. :D:

MetalliSox
12-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by habibharu
i mean cmon! there is absolutely no way he deserves 12 mil a year from us. his ERA was almost 4!! i realize that he is a horse with 9 comp. games, but a guy with an era of 4 doesnt deserve 12 mil. i dont care what his market value is. i much rather have ponson or millwood.

I guess you'd be content with your 3 top pitchers being Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland?

I'd rather have Loaiza, Colon, Buehrle.

Plus, it's not my 12 million. If the Sox are offering it, good. It's more then a generous deal as far as I know. I know nothing about deferred money though.

I still don't know if the 3 year deal for 30 mil, nothing deferred is legit.

Lip Man 1
12-05-2003, 12:38 PM
If you read the Chicago papers today you'll see where they reported that the Angels four year, 48 million offer was legit.

However.....here's where I (and apparently others) have no idea what the hell is going on.

Remember when the Sox made their initial offer of 3 years, 36 million to Bartolo, his agent was quoted directly as saying that the number of years was fine, it was the money being offered that was the issue. (deferred)

Well today in one of the Chicago papers, they quote two sources close to the Colon camp as stating the real issue was the number of years! That Colon is expecting four years!

Does anybody have any idea what the hell is the truth or has Colon's agent changed horses in mid stream? If he does now in fact, want four years, there's no way Colon's coming back. The Sox won't give that to him.

Lip

Iwritecode
12-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by habibharu

Right. Because ERA is the best statistic to use when determining how much a pitcher is worth...

2003 ERAs

Ponson 3.75
Millwood 3.78
Colon 3.87

By your definition, all three pitchers had an ERA of almost 4.

And just for reference Pettite had a 4.02 You can't tell me that he won't be making close to 12 million next year...

MHOUSE
12-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Colon wants four years, Millwood wants five years and I don't think the Sox are going to put out $40 of $50 million dollar contracts to pitchers. 3/36 was the maximum they're willing to go I think and I doubt we'll see either guy in a Sox uni next year. They want to compete against the best and they won't find that in the AL Central. If we could just do something to put us ahead of this lousy division......

34 Inch Stick
12-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Colon Kool Aid! Copyright that quickly before Metamucil tries to steal it.