PDA

View Full Version : Daubach?

rmusacch
12-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know Brian Daubach's contract status for 2004? I know he was initially signed to a minor league deal. Does anyone know if they signed him to a multi-year deal when they purchased his contract?

voodoochile
12-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Does anyone know Brian Daubach's contract status for 2004? I know he was initially signed to a minor league deal. Does anyone know if they signed him to a multi-year deal when they purchased his contract?

That is automatic when a player makes the team. It is a condition of any minor league deal.

I would think they would offer him arbitration.

rmusacch
12-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That is automatic when a player makes the team. It is a condition of any minor league deal.

I would think they would offer him arbitration.

A multi-year contract is automatic? I thought it was just for the year? He does not have too much service time to qualify for arbitration?

voodoochile
12-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
A multi-year contract is automatic? I thought it was just for the year? He does not have too much service time to qualify for arbitration?

No, sorry if I misunderstood. Merely that he had a Major League contract last year.

jshanahanjr
12-04-2003, 03:45 PM
He has 5 years service time so he is arbitration eligible.

rmusacch
12-04-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by jshanahanjr
He has 5 years service time so he is arbitration eligible.

Thanks. I thought he had more time than that. It seems like he has been around forever.

FarmerAndy
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
If the Konerko to L.A. deal happens, I would like to keep Daubach.

I believe he would put up number similar to what he put up in Boston, if he had more regular playing time. He wouldn't be a huge burden on the payroll. He could flip-flop 1B/DH with Frank.

DrCrawdad
12-04-2003, 09:09 PM
http://usf.rivals.com/uploads/1074/53134.jpg
"Once Konerko leaves, begin the Ross Gload era."