PDA

View Full Version : ***BREAKING NEWS - Eric Dumbass pleads gulity

Dadawg_77
12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-031204dybas,1,1815369.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Hondo
12-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Bible in his hand? Jesus

I wonder if he had his hair slicked and parted to one side with freckles painted on his cheeks.

SoxOnTop
12-04-2003, 02:26 PM
How is it that a guy that punched the 1st base coach gets not jail time while some drunk idiot who grabbed an umps leg gets 180 days?

Rocky Soprano
12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
How is it that a guy that punched the 1st base coach gets not jail time while some drunk idiot who grabbed an umps leg gets 180 days?

I was thinking the exact same thing. It makes no freaking sense.

Frank the Tank
12-04-2003, 02:48 PM
I was hoping that both offeneders would get a much more severe sentence. These two clowns f'd up my White Sox experience possibly forever. Sorry to the season ticket holders, but I used to buy the cheapest seat and move to the bleachers. Because of Dumb and Dumberer I have to sit in my crappy UD seat.

FanOf14
12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I was hoping that both offeneders would get a much more severe sentence. These two clowns f'd up my White Sox experience possibly forever. Sorry to the season ticket holders, but I used to buy the cheapest seat and move to the bleachers. Because of Dumb and Dumberer I have to sit in my crappy UD seat.

And the flood gates have opened...

(This used to be (and might still be) a very sore subject around here... :cool: )

Rocky Soprano
12-04-2003, 02:54 PM

Sorry, but you paid for a UP seat so thats where you should sit. You want to sit in the bleachers then pay for it.

I share your feelings about both those clows but I dont agree with you about you being able to pay for the cheap seat then sitting somewhere else.

cheeses_h_rice
12-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm not defending the Comiskey Upgrade, but I will say that being forced to stay in the UD all game has personally marred my experiences at a handful of games. Either I was planning on walking around the park to see the "new" features like the fan deck, or get food/drinks that aren't served in the UD (hello Jose Cuervo margaritas), or just meet a friend or two sitting in the LD...none of these can be done -- at least w/o a huge pain in the ass facade -- anymore, thanks to these JAGOFFS who decided to get cute after having too many drinx.

The "punishment" for the 99.9% of law-abiding Sox fans has MORE than fit the "crime" of these jagoffs, IMO.

Rocky Soprano
12-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Now I dont see a problem with letting UD ticket holders to walk around in the LD. They should be able to enjoy the foot and the fan deck. But there are a lot of people that just buy the UD and never plan on sitting there, they do it to be cheap and sit wherever they want, and that to me is wrong. MHO.

Frank the Tank
12-04-2003, 03:29 PM
I haven't been on this site for too long, but I get the impression upgrading seats is a sore subject. Yes, in a perfect world people should sit where they were supposed to. And yes, people who pay full price for a seat have a reason to be upset when a person that paid $10 for an UD seat sits next to them. But the way I see it, if the seat is going to be empty anyway, why not let someone upgrade. At least it will look better on TV. (I'm talking about a typical 15,000 crowd). Most fans that upgrade aren't mullet bearing white trash clowns that rush onto the field. It can also be argued that the team makes more money when ushers "turn their cheeks" and don't check ticket stubs. I can't prove it, but I'm sure the same fan would spend more money on concessions on the main concouse than the UD. There are rarely vendors in the UD and not too many people like hiking up and down mount everest to get a $5 beer. Furthermore, many fans used to come to the Cell only because they knew they could sit wherever they liked. These people will not spend the $30 to get a good seat, and will just not show up at all.

Eddie Gaedel
12-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
But there are a lot of people that just buy the UD and never plan on sitting there, they do it to be cheap and sit wherever they want, and that to me is wrong. MHO.

why would you care? has there ever been a problem when someone is sitting in your seat?

Procol Harum
12-04-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Bible in his hand? Jesus

I wonder if he had his hair slicked and parted to one side with freckles painted on his cheeks.

Maybe if he'd've had a Bible in his hand the night of that game instead of about 16 beers in his system he might not be spending Christmas in the Crossbar Hotel. :D:

Rocky Soprano
12-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
why would you care? has there ever been a problem when someone is sitting in your seat?

YES! And not just once or twice. Yes most of the time they just get up and move without saying anything. They usually just move to the next seats until the person that has those tickets comes and they move again. Many times I have asked them, you got UD tickets, right? And they say yup, who wants to pay 22 for bleacher seats?

So yes I do care.

miker
12-04-2003, 03:48 PM

With absolutely no apologies to anyone involved in the legal profession, let me simply state that the law has nothing to do with what is right and what is wrong.

Kroozah
12-05-2003, 12:50 AM
a 5 dollar beer? Where do you go?

Frank the Tank
12-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Kroozah
a 5 dollar beer? Where do you go?

Did the beer prices change since the last time I've been to the cell?

Procol Harum
12-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by miker
With absolutely no apologies to anyone involved in the legal profession, let me simply state that the law has nothing to do with what is right and what is wrong.

I wouldn't say that law has NO connection with what's right and wrong (there's a grudging admittance in much of what it tries to codify that there is something in the whole morality and justice thing), but thou speakest truth if you are saying that making something a law has no automatic corollation with right or wrong.

steff
12-05-2003, 09:26 AM
I haven't been on this site for too long, but I get the impression upgrading seats is a sore subject. Yes, in a perfect world people should sit where they were supposed to. And yes, people who pay full price for a seat have a reason to be upset when a person that paid $10 for an UD seat sits next to them. But the way I see it, if the seat is going to be empty anyway, why not let someone upgrade. At least it will look better on TV. (I'm talking about a typical 15,000 crowd). Most fans that upgrade aren't mullet bearing white trash clowns that rush onto the field. It can also be argued that the team makes more money when ushers "turn their cheeks" and don't check ticket stubs. I can't prove it, but I'm sure the same fan would spend more money on concessions on the main concouse than the UD. There are rarely vendors in the UD and not too many people like hiking up and down mount everest to get a $5 beer. Furthermore, many fans used to come to the Cell only because they knew they could sit wherever they liked. These people will not spend the $30 to get a good seat, and will just not show up at all.

PAYING for the upgrade is not a sore subject.. thinking you have the right to "steal" a LD seat when you have not paid for it, is.

steff
12-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel

The Aloha's, Jim and I have many times caught people in our seats. So yes.. we care, too.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by steff
The Aloha's, Jim and I have many times caught people in our seats. So yes.. we care, too.

Never caught me. :D:

ewokpelts
12-05-2003, 11:54 AM

I actually like catching people in my seats. I then start acting all wierd and stuff....

While I'm a former comiskey upgrader, I'm not entirely too pleased with the barricade policy.....I'd be more than happy to buy a ud ticket and sit in the fan deck...and I have bought ud tix and then bought wristbands for the bullpen bar.....I've heard the policy will continue, so if you have a problem with it, I suggest you buy season tix....then you can walk on the ld too
Gene

PaleHoseGeorge
12-05-2003, 01:01 PM

I think it is pretty obvious. Ligue had a better lawyer.

By the time his lawyer was done with him, Ligue's own mother wouldn't have recognized him. He looked like he was a lawyer himself. He was even fitted with a proper little pair of eyeglasses. No tattooes to be seen.

That rat **** needed serious jail time, especially when you consider the demonstrated horrible influence he was on his 15 year-old son. He skated with community service.

That's justice at work.

:angry:

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I think it is pretty obvious. Ligue had a better lawyer.

By the time his lawyer was done with him, Ligue's own mother wouldn't have recognized him. He looked like he was a lawyer himself. He was even fitted with a proper little pair of eyeglasses. No tattooes to be seen.

That rat **** needed serious jail time, especially when you consider the demonstrated horrible influence he was on his 15 year-old son. He skated with community service.

That's justice at work.

:angry:

If you think about it...........................

If he didnt look like such white trash to begin with, he would have had jail time. Dybas is an idiot, but he had nothing to show for improvement. He wasnt coked up, no tatoo's all over the place, no mullet. It's disgusting when you think how this thief of oxogyn convinced people he cleaned his act up and learned something.

Give him time. He'll get into some trouble in an Alsip trailer park and get beaten by cops for it within 2 years.

miker
12-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Give him time. He'll get into some trouble in an Alsip trailer park and get beaten by cops for it within 2 years.

Oh sure, stick the trash in the south suburbs. You northwest suburbanites think your so special with your Woodfield Mall and Northwest Tollway...

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Oh sure, stick the trash in the south suburbs. You northwest suburbanites think your so special with your Woodfield Mall and Northwest Tollway...

He's from Alsip. Yeah, i'm a real snob originally from Cicero.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 03:51 PM

LOL! how are you offended anyway being from Tinley Park?????

You have I-80 forrest preserves, and just as many stores/malls as Woodfield. :)

FanOf14
12-05-2003, 03:58 PM
I'm about a block from Alsip... :angry:

Can't say I am offended tho - there are some seedy trailer parks and apartment buildings there. But, there are some well-kept apartments and housing there as well... :smile: They take all kinds...

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I'm about a block from Alsip... :angry:

Can't say I am offended tho - there are some seedy trailer parks and apartment buildings there. But, there are some well-kept apartments and housing there as well... :smile: They take all kinds...

If it makes you feel better, A friend of mine who's a Chicago cop thinks Ligue is originally from Canaryville and moved to Alsip . :smile:

FanOf14
12-05-2003, 04:04 PM
If it makes you feel better, A friend of mine who's a Chicago cop thinks Ligue is originally from Canaryville and moved to Alsip . :smile:

Considering some of the people I know from Alsip, this sounds like a very possible scenario.

steff
12-05-2003, 04:06 PM

His address is Alsip, but he's in Blue Island.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Imagine that, Chicago cops knew Lique before this incodent

FanOf14
12-05-2003, 04:08 PM

That explains more...lol :D:

Alot of Brian's friends live in BI and it's their friends that explain alot about the things I hear about BI. :o:

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 04:13 PM

And the difference between those 2 are like comparing Cicero and Berwyn. :D:

steff
12-05-2003, 04:14 PM
And the difference between those 2 are like comparing Cicero and Berwyn. :D:

Once you pass Eisenhower HS, there is a very big difference..

miker
12-05-2003, 04:41 PM
LOL! how are you offended anyway being from Tinley Park?????

You have I-80 forrest preserves, and just as many stores/malls as Woodfield. :)

I know...the irony was lost when I forgot to put my post in the designated sarcasm color.

A toast to suburbia and the wonder that is White Sox baseball! :gulp:

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 04:50 PM
I know...the irony was lost when I forgot to put my post in the designated sarcasm color.

A toast to suburbia and the wonder that is White Sox baseball! :gulp: :gulp:

jordan23ventura
12-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Was Laz Diaz the one who called Joe Crede's HR foul last year? If he was he deserves to get his ass kicked, and if not I hope someone jumps the rail and gets that guy soon. Personally I have a problem with fans going after players and coaches. If they are attacking umpires maybe MLB needs to look at the situation a bit closer. Everyone who holds onto the whole umpire/no replay crap does so because they believe that going to a newer, more efficient and unbiased system would take away the feel of the game, but the fact is that it is still more efficient and unbiased.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Was Laz Diaz the one who called Joe Crede's HR foul last year? If he was he deserves to get his ass kicked, and if not I hope someone jumps the rail and gets that guy soon. Personally I have a problem with fans going after players and coaches. If they are attacking umpires maybe MLB needs to look at the situation a bit closer. Everyone who holds onto the whole umpire/no replay crap does so because they believe that going to a newer, more efficient and unbiased system would take away the feel of the game, but the fact is that it is still more efficient and unbiased.

He came far from getting his ass kicked.

JC456
12-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Sorry, but you paid for a UP seat so thats where you should sit. You want to sit in the bleachers then pay for it.

I share your feelings about both those clows but I dont agree with you about you being able to pay for the cheap seat then sitting somewhere else.

Why can't he go down and walk around the Main Concourse where the Hall of Fame store is and other niceties. Because today you can't if you have an UD seat. That is totally wrong. The park is the park and anyone ought to be able to visit any part except the seating area they didn't buy into. Get more security at the top of the stairs to keep non ticketed fans out. They do that in every other park in Baseball.

jordan23ventura
12-05-2003, 11:28 PM

He came far from getting his ass kicked.

I know. I wasn't talking about Laz, but the guy who called Crede's HR foul. He's the one that deserves a beat down. Selig too. When a situation like that arises someone should have the authority to over-rule that call mid-game. There's a difference between a ball that was called a strike and a HR that was called foul, even though neither are just.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 11:30 PM
I know. I wasn't talking about Laz, but the guy who called Crede's HR foul. He's the one that deserves a beat down. Selig too. When a situation like that arises someone should have the authority to over-rule that call mid-game. There's a difference between a ball that was called a strike and a HR that was called foul, even though neither are just.

Crede should have back handed JM for not backing him up.

jordan23ventura
12-05-2003, 11:43 PM

Crede should have back handed JM for not backing him up.

I agree. It's funny that he never seemed to get himself ejected in a situation where a normal manager would over react. It just seemed like he sat in the dugout and was like "hmm. I think I'll show some 'fire' in my personality today!"

Too bad Cincinnati didn't hire him. He could have had about 20 more pointless ejections.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2003, 11:45 PM
I agree. It's funny that he never seemed to get himself ejected in a situation where a normal manager would over react. It just seemed like he sat in the dugout and was like "hmm. I think I'll show some 'fire' in my personality today!"

Too bad Cincinnati didn't hire him. He could have had about 20 more pointless ejections.

It was funny how Jerry got tossed only after he's been ripped a new one for sleeping . If the papers or sports radio was all over him for a few days, he'd get tossed. IIRC, he dot tossed the day after Crede's HR was taken away.

jordan23ventura
12-06-2003, 01:08 AM

It was funny how Jerry got tossed only after he's been ripped a new one for sleeping . If the papers or sports radio was all over him for a few days, he'd get tossed. IIRC, he dot tossed the day after Crede's HR was taken away.

While I agree that he only got himself tossed in a halfassed childish moronic attempt to save his job, if he got himself tossed every time someone publicly called for his removal he would have never gotten as far as the second inning in any instance. Sportswriters and the like were all over him largely because of his demeanor, while many others concentrate on habit of making decisions without thinking about them first and lack of communication with the players. When you have a squad as talented as the 2003 one was and you don't perform you talk to your players. I would have had meetings every single day if that is what it took. The sad thing is I could have done a better job than he did on many occasions, and I am the last person I would want to put in charge of my favorite baseball team.

steff
12-06-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by JC456
Why can't he go down and walk around the Main Concourse where the Hall of Fame store is and other niceties. Because today you can't if you have an UD seat. That is totally wrong. The park is the park and anyone ought to be able to visit any part except the seating area they didn't buy into. Get more security at the top of the stairs to keep non ticketed fans out. They do that in every other park in Baseball.

The point appears to be sitting in a LD seat.. not just waking around the concourse. And no.. they don't allow it in all other parks. OP@CY has boundries, as well as Seattle and Cleveland. Arlington, IIRC does as well.
Another intersting thing to bring up.. the club level is pretty cool to wander around and yet at most of the parks I have been to they are restricted as well.. no one is crying about not being let in there..

PaleHoseGeorge
12-06-2003, 08:20 AM
The point appears to be sitting in a LD seat.. not just waking around the concourse. And no.. they don't allow it in all other parks. OP@CY has boundries, as well as Seattle and Cleveland. Arlington, IIRC does as well.
Another intersting thing to bring up.. the club level is pretty cool to wander around and yet at most of the parks I have been to they are restricted as well.. no one is crying about not being let in there..

Yep. The free lunch is over and some people just can't stop themselves from searching for scapegoats. The old policy was *very* generous. Stop trying to blame the Sox.

No other major league ballpark I've ever been to was as lenient about letting fans sit where they want. Hell, in Cincinnati they made me sit in my exact seat, and don't even think about putting my feet over the top of the empty seats in front.

Dybas and the Ligues ruined it for you free lunchers. If you want to bitch, go find their homes and leave empty beer cans on their front lawn... assuming 50 or so aren't already littering it.