PDA

View Full Version : Yankees pitching Staff making more than the entire White Sox Team

Tekijawa
12-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Assuming that they only go with 9 pitchers this year!!!

>>That would leave the price tag on the 2004 Yankees' pitching staff at between $70 million and $75 million -- presuming they don't complete the potential trade for Kevin Brown or sign someone else<<

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1677264

Jjav829
12-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Along the same lines, the Yankees relievers may make as much as the entire Brewers team next year. :o:

Mariano Rivera: $10.89
Steve Karsay : $6.00
Tom Gordon: $3.75
Paul Quantrill: $3.4
Felix Heredia: $1.8
Chris Hammond: $2.6 (depending on if they are able to trade him, even if they do they'll eat about $1 mil of it)
Gabe White: expected to sign a deal at about $2.5 mil a year

That comes out to $30.94 mil not including Weaver or Lieber or whoever else may join the pen.

Lip Man 1
12-03-2003, 08:20 PM
According to The Sporting News radio network this afternoon the Brown / Weaver deal is dead.

Los Angeles wanted at least one hitter thrown in (Johnson?)

Looks like Paul Konerko may indeed wind up in SoCal.

Lip

Chisox_cali
12-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
According to The Sporting News radio network this afternoon the Brown / Weaver deal is dead.

Los Angeles wanted at least one hitter thrown in (Johnson?)

Looks like Paul Konerko may indeed wind up in SoCal.

Lip

God I hope he leaves soon, and takes Jose with him

dougs78
12-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
God I hope he leaves soon, and takes Jose with him

Amen to that! If we ship those two contracts out, I'll pack their bags personally!

(funny I'm writing this as I look at my wall and see a hat autographed by PK and see his jersey hanging in my closet. Oh, how I detest this modern version of "financially motivated baseball.") :(:

34 Inch Stick
12-04-2003, 10:08 AM
I still have never heard any explanation why the Sox picked up Jose's option at $5 million when it seems apparent that he would not get that much on the open market.

Rocky Soprano
12-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Must be nice to have all the money in the world and just spend like as you wish.

Why of why couldnt King George be the owner of the White Sox?