PDA

View Full Version : Detroit's Schedule...

anewman35
12-03-2003, 10:28 AM
...Is posted at detroittigers.com (http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/det/news/det_news.jsp?ymd=20031202&content_id=610534&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det)

Most interesting is this quote:

"The Chicago White Sox come to town for the first time all season July 29-August 1, followed by three games against the Rangers and Red Sox.

All 19 games against the White Sox, in fact, come after the All-Star break starting July 23 at U.S. Cellular Field."

If Detroit is anywhere near as bad as they were last year, playing them late can only benefit us, right? They play Minnesota and KC in September, too, but not as much as us, and not at the very end, like last year. And their last series of the year is against Tampa Bay.That'll be a series with big playoff implications!

Rocky Soprano
12-03-2003, 10:30 AM
It wont be a good thing if we keep playing Detroit like we did last year. Had we beat Detroit like we should of, Loaiza would of been the Cy Young winner and we would of made the playoffs and who knows what else...

anewman35
12-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
It wont be a good thing if we keep playing Detroit like we did last year. Had we beat Detroit like we should of, Loaiza would of been the Cy Young winner and we would of made the playoffs and who knows what else...

Oops. Yeah, I'd tried to block that from my memory. Well, it's a new season, maybe things will be different...

TDog
12-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

Loaiza beat Detroit in the home opener when a lot of fans thought he was a questionable fifth starter forced into the fourth-starter role. But how many times did he lose 1-0 to the Tigers?

DirtySouthsider
12-03-2003, 11:53 AM
I just want to know ...why were you at a Tigers web site???
Must be a slow day at work??????

anewman35
12-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by TDog
Loaiza beat Detroit in the home opener when a lot of fans thought he was a questionable fifth starter forced into the fourth-starter role. But how many times did he lose 1-0 to the Tigers?

Twice. IIRC, he as 3-2 against the tigers, with an ERA of under 2. Ugh.

anewman35
12-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
I just want to know ...why were you at a Tigers web site???
Must be a slow day at work??????

Well, yes, it is. I was actually checking it because I read something somewhere that they were interested in Vina, so I decided to check out their roster to see if they'd lost any of their huge horrible contracts to free agency (they don't appear to have). Enjoy Bobby Higginson, guys!

CHISOXFAN13
12-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Looks like the later starts for Sunday home games are a reality.

SouthSideHitman
12-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Twice. IIRC, he as 3-2 against the tigers, with an ERA of under 2. Ugh.

And he came this close to having the same thing happen again in our last game of the year against them. Thank God the Sox rallied in the eighth and ninth or else I might have given up then and there.

DannyCaterFan
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Then we better learn to play with some intensity and beat Detroit, or it will be another lomg season!

maurice
12-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Hmmm, looks like I'll be planning a late-July road trip to Motown.

Interesting that the Tigers don't play the 'Spos. I'm still holding out hope that the Sox will get an interleague series in San Juan. The Sox would be a good opponent from MLB's perspective.