PDA

View Full Version : How awful do we look right now?

lowesox
12-03-2003, 01:51 AM
I know it's early, but I'm seriously concerned. This team looks awful, and yet all we're talking about is trading away players. So far, the only addition I've heard we're considering at all is Odalis Perez. Odalis Perez!!! I mean come on.

The trib is saying that Willie Harris might be our starting second baseman next year. What has he done to deserve to start? We may not lose Colon, but it looks as though we're going to take a serious step back in Centerfield from Everett and our Bullpen looks like its going to be worse. And now we're going to lose Graffy too. And if we retain Colon, we'll have to trade away other talent to make it possible.

IS anybody else worried? I mean, I am willing to say its early. But KW isn't the kind of guy who deserves the benefit of the doubt. And this situation (if we in fact do have this payroll cap to live up to) is going to take serious work and so far, we've seen nothing except hiring a bargain-priced-good-for-PR-manager and a trade to signal losing one of our most valuable players.

gosox41
12-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
I know it's early, but I'm seriously concerned. This team looks awful, and yet all we're talking about is trading away players. So far, the only addition I've heard we're considering at all is Odalis Perez. Odalis Perez!!! I mean come on.

The trib is saying that Willie Harris might be our starting second baseman next year. What has he done to deserve to start? We may not lose Colon, but it looks as though we're going to take a serious step back in Centerfield from Everett and our Bullpen looks like its going to be worse. And now we're going to lose Graffy too. And if we retain Colon, we'll have to trade away other talent to make it possible.

IS anybody else worried? I mean, I am willing to say its early. But KW isn't the kind of guy who deserves the benefit of the doubt. And this situation (if we in fact do have this payroll cap to live up to) is going to take serious work and so far, we've seen nothing except hiring a bargain-priced-good-for-PR-manager and a trade to signal losing one of our most valuable players.

I've been worried since KW took over this team. He needs to show me how smart he can be. He put the Sox in this situation by badly managing the payroll.

Bob