PDA

View Full Version : Tony G & Everett to D-Rays?

WinningUgly!
12-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Sounds like they're interested in Carl Everett & have already made an offer to Graffanino.

Linky (http://tbo.com/rays/MGANP9GVNND.html)

LASOXFAN
12-01-2003, 11:52 PM
All the sox have to show for 2003 was a nice little run prior to and after the all star break, winding down with a second place finish four games back.

I say clean house and start all over.

dugwood31
12-01-2003, 11:53 PM
Not too surprising, I guess.

CubKilla
12-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Remember that scene in "Major League" where the constuction workers are reading the Indian's roster over breakfast and the one asks, "Who are these ******* guys?"

If we keep losing without acquiring we'll be asking the same thing come Opening Day '04.

Is ANYBODY in the White Sox's plans? Jesus, Allah, Buddah!

doublem23
12-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Remember that scene in "Major League" where the constuction workers are reading the Indian's roster over breakfast and the one asks, "Who are these ******* guys?"

If we keep losing without acquiring we'll be asking the same thing come Opening Day '04.

Is ANYBODY in the White Sox's plans? Jesus, Allah, Buddah!

This reminds me of the scene in the Simpson's episode were Bart and Homer are grifters; when Willie goes nuts in the courtroom and Bart (let's call him the Sox fan base) urges Homer (let's call him Sox management) to do something, but he waits until it is apparently too late...

:KW
Are you calling me an oaf?

Brian26
12-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Where do the Rays get money to pay for anybody at this point? I can't imagine wanting to play in that awful dome during the summer.

hold2dibber
12-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Where do the Rays get money to pay for anybody at this point? I can't imagine wanting to play in that awful dome during the summer.

Their payroll last year was well under $50 million, I believe. And the Greg Vaughn, Ben Grieve and at least one other big contract expired. Think about it - that whole team consists of guys getting not much more than the major league minimum. I think I heard that they have anywhere from $10 to $15 million to spend on the free agent market this winter.

Rocky Soprano
12-02-2003, 09:11 AM
I would think the Sox should try and keep Tony G. He is a good utility player and someone that beefs up our bench. Always good to have a player like that on our arsenal, IMO.

I'm sure he is asking for a whole lot of money, so why wouldnt the Sox keep him?

Risk
12-02-2003, 09:50 AM
If the D-Rays are interested in Everett, they probably would DH him since their outfield already consists of

RF-Aubrey Huff ????
CF-Baldelli
LF-Crawford

Risk

voodoochile
12-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
All the sox have to show for 2003 was a nice little run prior to and after the all star break, winding down with a second place finish four games back.

I say clean house and start all over.

JR is that you? :D:

Don't worry, that is probably where they are headed.

StepsInSC
12-02-2003, 11:12 AM
This sucks.

But no matter what happens JR can't make me not like this team anymore.

MHOUSE
12-02-2003, 12:31 PM
I can't imagine Tony G wanting to wear purple. I'd start Everett, Baldelli, and Crawford and DH Huff.

Huisj
12-02-2003, 01:01 PM
ironic considering he came to the sox from tampa bay after TB put him on waivers i think. was that for tanyon sturtze? or was sturtze in the herbert perry deal a few weeks before graffanino came over.

duke of dorwood
12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Rays have TV contract $ just like we do. And KW is an oaf.

Brian26
12-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
ironic considering he came to the sox from tampa bay after TB put him on waivers i think. was that for tanyon sturtze? or was sturtze in the herbert perry deal a few weeks before graffanino came over.

Just going by memory...

Milkman was picked up off waivers, and Graf came in the trade for Sturtze.