PDA

View Full Version : Flash signs with the Yanks

MRKARNO
12-01-2003, 11:22 PM
2 years. 7.25 mil.

So the real question is whether or not we get a draft pick. Flash was a type A free agent but the White Sox did not offer arbitration. Can someone answer this?

Lip Man 1
12-02-2003, 12:26 AM
What I found interesting about this was when Flash was quoted in the Chicago papers as saying he needed "assurances" that he was going to be the closer next year to stay.

Since he's not going to close for New York, is it a safe assumption that he only wanted assurances from the Sox?

As far as whether he's worth what he's getting paid, that's not for you or me to decide. The Yanks thought he was worth that money and got him, the Sox felt he wasn't and lost him.

Lip

doublem23
12-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Using the Yankees as a barometer of salary is ridiculous. No one else can afford to pay a short-reliever over $3 million/year.

Frank the Tank
12-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Maybe the Yanks will sign Colon and Ordonez and complete the trifecta. :whiner:

munchman33
12-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
2 years. 7.25 mil.

So the real question is whether or not we get a draft pick. Flash was a type A free agent but the White Sox did not offer arbitration. Can someone answer this?

Because he was signed before December 7, we automatically get the pick.

jeremyb1
12-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
Because he was signed before December 7, we automatically get the pick.

Problem is - and this is probably the reason they signed him when they did instead of waiting - is that I believe we won't get the first round pick since the Braves are already getting it for Sheffield. We're probably looking at a supplemental pick and a second round pick IIRC.

StockdaleForVeep
12-02-2003, 04:10 PM
But a pick from the Yanks wont do us any good cuz theyre atleast playoff guarenteed already. I guess we are not stuck with koch no matter what now, i bet he will rebound and have anear all star season now but i loved flash, u had 2 unorthodox setup men in wunch\marte and then gordon as the gas, we shoulda never let gordon go, same as el canon

lowesox
12-02-2003, 05:18 PM
With this move I think the sox should make a hard effort towards signing Hawkins.

Right now, this team's potential for next year is depressing.

hose
12-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Flash is the guy I wanted the Sox to sign.

I don't have confidence in Koch and Marte can't do it by himself.

CubKilla
12-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I guess we are not stuck with koch no matter what now, i bet he will rebound and have anear all star season now

Are you talking about Botch or Gordon? If you're talking about Botch, keep dreaming. You'll never see Billy Koch again..... only Billy Botch.

StockdaleForVeep
12-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Why will koch be bad? cuz he had a bad season with the sox? Every pitcher has off years no matter what, do i need to remind people of foulke? Everey pitcher goes cold for a season, hes good enuff of a pitcher to rebound.

CubKilla
12-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Why will koch be bad? cuz he had a bad season with the sox? Every pitcher has off years no matter what, do i need to remind people of foulke? Everey pitcher goes cold for a season, hes good enuff of a pitcher to rebound.

Botch better find the 7-10 MPH that he lost in '03 if he wants to be one iota of effective in '04. 93 MPH meatballs with no movement tend to get hit a long way in the ML's.

StillMissOzzie
12-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
With this move I think the sox should make a hard effort towards signing Hawkins.

Right now, this team's potential for next year is depressing.

Too late - by now, you probably have heard he's going to the NL Evil Empire, the Scrubs

SMO
:gulp: