PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest 2004 Garage Sale

HITMEN OF 77
12-01-2003, 01:30 AM
These are 2 different happenings correct? Are there game used jerseys/caps/items for sale at Soxfest or is that mainly the garage sale? Good deals on stuff? The Official homepage doesn't say too much about Soxfest, so I thought I would ask here.

Fisk Fan
12-01-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm not too sure about Soxfest, but I know that the garage sale has some good deals on game-used equipment. Don't expect to get a good deal on top-tier players' equipment, though. For example, I think that a Magglio game-worn jersey was going for $800 or more last year. They do sell the batting practice jerseys for around $20.00 which are nice quality. Get there early........

34 Inch Stick
12-01-2003, 09:06 AM
The garage sale is usually the same day that individual game tickets go on sale (sometime aroung St. Patrick's Day). I've always thought it was over rated. The deals are not particularly good and you have to wait in long lines. However the items are unique. It's worth checking out but if you have something else doing that day you can miss it.

joepoe
12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
In the past they have had a garage sale in a room at SoxFest as well as the at the park in March.

mike squires
12-01-2003, 10:24 AM
I got a back of an old comiskey seat plate (a long square piece of wood) for only 10 bucks last year at Soxfest. I thought that was a steal. It's got a white number "18" and 227 is engraved in the center. I think it was upperdeck firstbase side. I got 18 '83 players signed on it. Looks great. The jerzey's are usually pretty expensive. Pricing a Nardi Contraris for as much as 80 bucks. :o: :o:

Dick Allen
12-01-2003, 10:51 AM
In comparison to what the market usually is for game-used jerseys, the deals at the Sox garage sale are actually pretty good, except for the "star players", as was said above.

Brian26
12-01-2003, 12:12 PM
I wonder if that XXXL Carlos Castillo jersey will be on the rack again this year? I think I've seen that 3 years in a row at either Soxfest or the Garage Sale.

34 Inch Stick
12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Is there a market for a Mark Johnson game jersey?

jabrch
12-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

Mrs. Johnson will call you. :)

santo=dorf
12-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Any idea how much Koch is going for? I need someone to close out my wiffle ball games.

Tekijawa
12-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Any idea how much Koch is going for? I need someone to close out my wiffle ball games.

He probably be worth more as a wiffle ball pitcher, people would be thrown off by how strait his pitches are!

MarkEdward
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

Considering I sponsor his page at baseball-reference.com... :smile:

Seriously, I went to the Garage Sale last year, and was so very close to buying a game-worn MJ jersey, but I held off. Instead, I bought one of his bats. I'm going to try to make it out there next year and get that jersey.