PDA

View Full Version : Rule 5

RichH55
11-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Man suddenly I'm king of wanting cheap transactions....but

Hector Luna - SS Indians
I mentioned him many threads ago as a guy I won't mind dealing for, and now he's availble for 50,000 and a roster spot

Miles, Harris, Rowand? This is not a bench I'm raving about, but Luna would look good to me, we have little in SS in the upper minors, and its looking like Graffy is gone as well...>Makes alot of sense to me

Craig Ansman
.324/.421/.624 Catcher
That's the good

The bad: Not "ready" defensively, injury-prone, 26, those numbers were 63 games in Double A El Paso

He's a Catcher who can hit, and Sandy isn't exacly Mr. Durable

Those are the two guys who interested me

duke of dorwood
11-30-2003, 08:59 PM
:reinsy

Come in and fill out an application, my son

cornball
11-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Do you still have your communion money? Relax spend a little.

We want to win here. Think division champs.

RichH55
12-02-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by cornball
Do you still have your communion money? Relax spend a little.

We want to win here. Think division champs.

Well not every move has to be signing Albert Belle

Little moves help too...especially for a team with little depth at SS in the upper levels, and the other guy is a catcher who can hit

These are not exactly commodities you should overlook, just because they don't cost anything

You know its also "cheap" to sign Latin American talent(used to be even cheaper)...you shouldn't avoid that either just because it's cost effecient

If you spend a dime and get back a player whose worth a dollar, then you have money left over to go after "bigger" names

I'd like to see Luna and Munro(minor league FA) on this team next year.....unless you are the yankees why spend over a million on a backup SS or a middle reliever(not one of your tops ones either)?