PDA

View Full Version : Rogers: Colon May Run Out of Options Other Than Sox


joecrede
11-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Rogers goes through a scenario in which Colon returns.

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031129rogers,1,1809960.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

PaleHoseGeorge
11-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Is anybody else nervous about this? I almost wish it was Bruce Levine analyzing the situation to give me false hope. Almost.

:bandance:

Palehose13
11-29-2003, 10:56 PM
And on the flipside, unless a trade occurs it appears that Colon is the only option for the White Sox (that is if they are serious about getting a quality starter).

Laura
11-30-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Is anybody else nervous about this? I almost wish it was Bruce Levine analyzing the situation to give me false hope. Almost.

:bandance:

Rogers seems to deal more in speculation than reality.

That said, he may be on to something!

WinningUgly!
11-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Watch the Sox end up signing Colon & Ponson.

Palehose13
11-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Watch the Sox end up signing Colon & Ponson.

That's cruel. Don't get my hopes up...

dougs78
11-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Rogers goes through a scenario in which Colon returns.


I really wonder if our contract offer would be the same this time around. Thinking about it now, 12 million is an awful lot to add for one player, particularly to our payroll and considering the depressed market. I'd love to have Colon, but adding his 12 million would put us about 17 million over our reported budget. I think we'd be foolish not to offer him arbitration, so maybe it would be a situation similar to Maddux last year, where he ends up accepting it. Either way would mean we'd have to trade Maggs even if we found a way to deal Koch and Konerko.

The Konerko part, was also touched on in the Rogers article. Saying that the Dodgers are sitting on a deal (i assume for Perez) but are exploring signing some guy from Korea. I sure hope they don't get him and end up making that trade.

How cool would a rotation of Colon, Loaiza, Buehrle, Perez and Garland be?

RedPinStripes
11-30-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Watch the Sox end up signing Colon & Ponson.

I cant even imagine it. That would be nice.

Chisoxfn
12-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by dougs78
I really wonder if our contract offer would be the same this time around. Thinking about it now, 12 million is an awful lot to add for one player, particularly to our payroll and considering the depressed market. I'd love to have Colon, but adding his 12 million would put us about 17 million over our reported budget. I think we'd be foolish not to offer him arbitration, so maybe it would be a situation similar to Maddux last year, where he ends up accepting it. Either way would mean we'd have to trade Maggs even if we found a way to deal Koch and Konerko.

The Konerko part, was also touched on in the Rogers article. Saying that the Dodgers are sitting on a deal (i assume for Perez) but are exploring signing some guy from Korea. I sure hope they don't get him and end up making that trade.

How cool would a rotation of Colon, Loaiza, Buehrle, Perez and Garland be?

That rotation would be awesome and if the Sox had to move some of their "stud" offensive players to do it, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Put that rotation around good relievers (Sox would have to add a few) and you'd have a team that would go deep...even if they had to deal Konerko, Magglio, and Lee to do it.

ChiSoxBobette
12-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Rogers goes through a scenario in which Colon returns.

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031129rogers,1,1809960.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

Not with Schilling going to the Red Sox , I say Steinbrenner go's out and signs Colon now, so there we go again uncle jerry - NOTHING. maybe we'll dump maggs because he's going to be a free agent next year is'nt that great baseball thinking. The one ballpalyer on our team that we should be building around we're going to trade him for a bunch of potential major league ballplayers.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

bobj4400
12-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Watch the Sox end up signing Colon & Ponson.

Your talking about the RED Sox, right?

kittle42
12-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Not with Schilling going to the Red Sox , I say Steinbrenner go's out and signs Colon now

OK....you win my coveted "Worst Apostrophe Misuse of the Day Award."

DontTradeKonerko
12-02-2003, 11:32 AM
angel dust + Colon = Boras

Hangar18
12-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
.... Put that rotation around good relievers (Sox would have to add a few) and you'd have a team that would go deep...even if they had to deal Konerko, Magglio, and Lee to do it.


OK. If we deal Maggs and Lee (2 guys entering their prime)
and get "prospects", it would signal sheer Foolishness on this teams part, and know what next year would be like? We
would be the AL version of last years Dodgers. We wont score Runs. I dont know why the SOX insist on thinking like this- SHould we Keep the offense? Or get pitching instead??
WHY NOT KEEP ONE and GET THE OTHER ????
Its about FILLING HOLES on your team, NOT CREATING HOLES TO FILL HOLES.

Filling Holes = Championships
Creating Holes = 2nd & 3rd Place finishes
Ignoring Holes = 2nd & 3rd Place finishes

Its really that simple Everyone. And guess Which Equation
applies to the Jerry Reinsdorf Owned/Controlled White Sox
from 1981 to the Present? I still dont see any WORLD SERIES
appearances since hes owned the team ..........

chisoxjk
12-02-2003, 12:34 PM
It looks like the Yankees are not as interested in Colon as every thinks.

Link (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-yanks023567580dec02,0,1700558.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

According to this, they are in talks with the Dodgers are in talks to send Jeff Weaver to the Dodgers in exchange for Kevin Brown. They are said to be concerned about Colon's Rotund shape and mental makeup.

If this trade ends up going through, and the Yanks also resign Pettite, the 3 yr, 36 million offer from the Sox is going to start looking much better, even if a lot of the money is deferred.

DrCrawdad
12-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by DontTradeKonerko
angel dust + Colon = Boras

Mr. Don't Trade Konerko, you've had a bunch of your posts removed. Are you a...
:troll

RichH55
12-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Mr. Don't Trade Konerko, you've had a bunch of your posts removed. Are you a...
:troll


With that name, how could he be anything else:)