PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield To Yanks

Lip Man 1
11-29-2003, 05:40 PM
As Duke said the ramifications of the Schilling to Boston deal has begun.

The Sporting News radio is reporting that the Yankees have agreed in principle to a 3 year 40 million dollar offer with Gary Sheffield.

I would assume that if New York had any interest in Magglio it has probably ended. (Of course with Steinbrenner you never know for sure.)

Peter Schmuck of TSN (yes that's his real name!) says the next target for the Yankees will be Javier Vasquez and that they certainly have the young talent (Johnson and Soriano) that Montreal would demand for him.

Just FYI.

Lip

RedPinStripes
11-29-2003, 05:52 PM
I better not hear any **** from KW that they're trying their best to be a WS contender at Sox fest.

Jjav829
11-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I better not hear any **** from KW that they're trying their best to be a WS contender at Sox fest.

:KW
"Paging security. Paging security. Security to Kenny Williams immediately."

TDog
11-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Sheffield may be talented, but he is a bum. The Yankees can have him.

If there are any Brewers fans in the audience, they know what I am talking about. Sheffield may put up impressive numbers, but if his team wins, it will only be coincidental.

joecrede
11-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Read in a New Jersey paper that the Yankees turned down an offer of either Johnson or Soriano for Ordonez.

Maybe the Braves would be interested in Ordonez now?

Daver
11-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Peter Schmuck of TSN (yes that's his real name!) says the next target for the Yankees will be Javier Vasquez and that they certainly have the young talent (Johnson and Soriano) that Montreal would demand for him.

Just FYI.

Lip

Vlad is a FA.

Soxfest
11-29-2003, 06:14 PM
I hope George loves him because for that kind of coin he is untradable down the line. :?:

cheeses_h_rice
11-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Good. Considering how absolutely worthless Sheff is in the postseason, this can only be good news for us Yankee-haters.

Jjav829
11-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Vlad is a FA.

:?: :?:

I don't get it. Why did you say that?

Daver
11-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
:?: :?:

I don't get it. Why did you say that?

Because I misread Lip's post.

:bandance:

Jjav829
11-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Because I misread Lip's post.

:bandance:

Ahhh ok. You thought he said Vlad I take it? :smile:

Daver
11-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Ahhh ok. You thought he said Vlad I take it? :smile:

Comprehension is a skill.Maybe one of these days I will learn it,along with basic math.

:)

CLR01
11-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Comprehension is a skill.Maybe one of these days I will learn it,along with basic math.

:)

Don't learn too much or you will lose some of that redneck "charm".

spanishwhite
11-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
As Duke said the ramifications of the Schilling to Boston deal has begun.

Im sure there will be ramifications, but there have been articles on how the Yanks dont want to be used to drive up the price of Vlad and that they were going to go after Sheffield after all.

There were also stories of Sheffield contacting the Yanks with interest.

I think this deal was inevitable.

Schilling signing with the RedSox maybe sped up the process.

Daver
11-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Don't learn too much or you will lose some of that redneck "charm".

I reckon thats away in the yonder.

StepsInSC
11-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Dammit this sucks. As my 'local team' the Braves are through for next year.

RedPinStripes
11-29-2003, 06:55 PM
:KW
"Paging security. Paging security. Security to Kenny Williams immediately."

No need to call security. The Sox will do things exactly like they always do. They'll make 3 big moves right before Sox fest as they always do and when people are waiting in line, they annonce a F/A signing so it looks like they're really trying.

But this year i have to figure out that the half assed moves with washed up big name has -beens isnt going to work before the weekend is over.

Security might be needed though. I really dont like Rick Hann. I dont want to hear any of his "pep rally speeches" to avoid answering a serious question like he did last year reguarding Mark Buehrle. Rick seems like a sneaky back stabby suck hole in my world.

:farmer
"Calm down now RPS. I promise I'll wear socks this year. I know that irritates you too."

mike squires
11-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Oh, you bett he will and Hawk will be lined up right behind him. They say it every year and they sound convincing as hell. The only problem is...They SAY it EVERY year.

Chisox_cali
11-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Peter Schmuck should really use a pen name, or maybe that is his pen name and his real name is much worse :)

RichH55
11-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
Oh, you bett he will and Hawk will be lined up right behind him. They say it every year and they sound convincing as hell. The only problem is...They SAY it EVERY year.

Would you rather they didn't?

For the Blackhawks Fans around here: How many times has Wirtz or senior management said their goal was to win the Cup?

I don't think I've ever heard it

Personally, I'll take management telling me their goal is to win(and whether the moves work or not, KW does "Go For It")

Deadguy
11-30-2003, 03:04 PM
He's accepted a 3 year 36-38 million dollar deal.

This obviously has a great impact on determining what exactly Magglio's value is and where we can possibly trade him to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1674675

StepsInSC
11-30-2003, 09:06 PM
C Posada
1B/DH Giambi, Johnson
2B Soriano
SS Jeter
3B Boone
LF Matsui
CF Williams
RF Sheffield

I'm speechless. On other club any of these hitters could bat in the 2-5 positions. I'm not sure if they're keeping Johnson or what the deal is, and I know Giambi has had health problems. But thats just scary.