PDA

View Full Version : Kenny will be busy......

cornball
11-28-2003, 09:38 AM
With the team at their self imposed budget already and having a current lineup of:

2B Harris
CF Rowland
DH Thomas
RF Maggs
LF Lee
1B Konerko
SS Vanletin
3B Crede
C Olivio

Kenny has alot of work ahead of him. Mostly right handed and slow, with Harris unable to get on base. It will be very interesting to see what KW and company do. With 3 veteran starters to boot.

hold2dibber
11-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cornball
With the team at their self imposed budget already and having a current lineup of:

2B Harris
CF Rowland
DH Thomas
RF Maggs
LF Lee
1B Konerko
SS Vanletin
3B Crede
C Olivio

Kenny has alot of work ahead of him. Mostly right handed and slow, with Harris unable to get on base. It will be very interesting to see what KW and company do. With 3 veteran starters to boot.

Don't forget the current rotation of:

Loaiza
Buehrle
Garland
Rauch
Wright

And bullpen of:

Marte
Wunsch
Adkins
Ginter
Schoenweiss
Koch

And bench of:

Miles
S. Alomar
?
?
?

And they're actually about $5 million over budget, not at budget. So just to keep this team, they'll have to dump salary (e.g., trade Lee or Frank for someone making the MLB minimum).

And a final note - if it were me, if the Sox are stuck with the line-up you gave, I'd hit them in this order:

Harris
Lee
Thomas
Maggs
Valentin
Crede
Rowand
Konerko
Olivo
I have Crede hit

cornball
11-28-2003, 09:36 PM
I agree dibber, all I am saying is, there are going to be alot of moves between now and opening day.

Laura
11-30-2003, 04:35 AM
ok, sorry, I'm kind of new here -- but is there any consideration for Eric Young? He's lost a step, but he's still a solid 2bman IMO.

TornLabrum
11-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Laura
ok, sorry, I'm kind of new here -- but is there any consideration for Eric Young? He's lost a step, but he's still a solid 2bman IMO.

Why would anyone have any interest in E4?

HITMEN OF 77
12-01-2003, 01:24 AM
So is Everett no longer going to be a part of the Chi Sox? If so, could we please get rid of Rowand!

RichH55
12-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Laura

He's not even really good enough to help fantasy teams anymore, and he wasn't good for much beyond that anyway