PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Calderon Sighting.

Brian26
11-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, not really. I'm assuming it's not him. I was watching tv yesterday and saw a boxing pay-per-view commercial with a fighter listed as "Ivan Calderon". Can't be the same guy, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.

Dan1972
11-27-2003, 02:15 PM
To this day I still can't say Calderon's name without going "Calderon......maybe."

Who remembers where that is from ?

Wsoxmike59
11-27-2003, 03:48 PM
I was at a game in the late 80's with my buddy Wayne when Calderon stepped to the plate and some fans in RF unfurled a banner that said "IVAN CALDERON....THE LATIN SLUGGER!!"

Ever since that, I've always referred to him as "The Latin Slugger"

P.S. Last night I had a Dave Wills (of AM 1000 fame) sighting at a Southside bar when I was out with some buddies. It's always nice to see Dave, he'll talk Wsox baseball with you, and he's always super cordial.

DSpivack
11-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Wsoxmike59
I was at a game in the late 80's with my buddy Wayne when Calderon stepped to the plate and some fans in RF unfurled a banner that said "IVAN CALDERON....THE LATIN SLUGGER!!"

Ever since that, I've always referred to him as "The Latin Slugger"

For seem reason this reminds of the Cubs [to humor a few friends] game I was at a few years ago...Rod Beck comes in to pitch... Fan yells "Hey, big fat sweaty guy!" Since then Beck has been big fat sweaty guy since.