PDA

View Full Version : Trade Talk

StockdaleForVeep
11-26-2003, 11:23 AM
I figure this would be a better convience since all this trade talk is goin on that we make 1 thread to have the most of the talks\rumors\wishes.

Since apparently we're not keepin mags, why dont we join the league and take who the marlins are givin way, i really like cabrerra. Hes got a solid stance and solid swing, i think with time he could become a premier player

Rocky Soprano
11-26-2003, 11:36 AM
I posted a similar subject last week in regards to Cabrera. The Marlins will not trade him.

They probably would wants Maggs and a good young prospect.

Mammoo
11-26-2003, 11:41 AM
There isn't a chance in hell the Marlins would trade Cabrera. He has all the makings of a bonfide superstar and Florida will enjoy his services at a reasonable rate for the next six years.

hold2dibber
11-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I figure this would be a better convience since all this trade talk is goin on that we make 1 thread to have the most of the talks\rumors\wishes.

Since apparently we're not keepin mags, why dont we join the league and take who the marlins are givin way, i really like cabrerra. Hes got a solid stance and solid swing, i think with time he could become a premier player

C'mon, use your head. The Marlins are trading some guys to reduce payroll. Cabrera makes about $300,000 per year. Ordonez makes $14 million per year. Obviously the Marlins aren't going to be interested in such a deal.

jordan23ventura
11-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Exactly. A more likely trade would be Cabrera and Lowell for Reed, Crede, Cotts, Borchard or Rowand, which again I wouldn't take.