PDA

View Full Version : Same owner different tactics

kempsted
11-25-2003, 04:55 PM
I was surprised to see no one mention that when the White Sox were underachieving Jerry Reinsdorff made no move to change managers and people here said it was because he was cheap etc etc and here he has the same situation with the Bulls and Cartwheel is gone. Maybe more of sticking with Manuel should have been placed on KW rather than Jerry Reinsdorff... Or maybe he just learned from his mistake.

What do people think?

TaylorStSox
11-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Different GM's in different situations. When Pax was hired, he was a hot commodity. I'm sure that he received complete control over these type of situations when he accepted the job.

RedPinStripes
11-25-2003, 06:17 PM
JR dont want to lose the Bulls fans after they had a firesale after 6 championships. He's already lost many Sox fans through the years. The Bulls still draw.

nasox
11-26-2003, 01:27 AM
he probably learned from his mistakes but, Pax and KW are two totally different people. And, he cares about the more profitable Bulls more than he does the Sox.

mandmandm
11-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Were the Bulls paying Cartwright big bucks? If I know JR money was a factor.

jabrch
11-26-2003, 08:35 AM
A) The Bulls partnership is different than the Sox partnership - despite the fact that JR is the managing partner of both

B) The Bulls, by all estimates, generate a larger operating profit

C) Basketball, by all estimates is more profitable than baseball

D) Cartwright was cheap

E) Pax was given the freedom to make his own coaching changes. Kenny wasn't.

nasox
11-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
D) Cartwright was cheap

what do you mean by this? please explain
do you mean he was not expensive?

CubKilla
11-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by kempsted
I was surprised to see no one mention that when the White Sox were underachieving Jerry Reinsdorff made no move to change managers and people here said it was because he was cheap etc etc and here he has the same situation with the Bulls and Cartwheel is gone. Maybe more of sticking with Manuel should have been placed on KW rather than Jerry Reinsdorff... Or maybe he just learned from his mistake.

What do people think?

I actually mentioned it. Whether it was JR's or KW's decision, I find it disheartening that the Bulls fired a lame-duck manager 1/4 of the way through their season but the White Sox stuck with their lame-duck, .500 manager the entire season.

BTW..... the White Sox had a better chance at postseason success in '03 than the Bulls have in '03-'04. Something right there to think about.

mandmandm
11-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by nasox
what do you mean by this? please explain
do you mean he was not expensive?

Worse tipper than Pippen. Just kidding.

I think he meant that Bill's contract was not very big.

Gumshoe
11-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I'll keep it short and sweet. If the Bulls are so inept (as has been evident in the past 5 years), and ALL they do is draft guys in 2 rounds every year, how the hell is the white sox organization, made up of JR's guys, going to be ANY good? Baseball is all about development, good coaching, good pitching, A SYSTEM. We had it in early 90s. JR destroyed it all. He is the worst.

Please SELL

Pretty please with sugar on top

gumshoe