PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 11/25/03

Hangar18
11-25-2003, 10:59 AM
The sox were clinging to a 23-21 lead going into the weekend.
The Sox were able to add 2 Negative stories, regarding the seat sale over the weekend, while the cubs added 2 of their own, regarding Sammys Party in the Dominican. 25-23.
But ALAS, the Cubs have Come ALL THE WAY BACK and TIED it UP
today with the Stories of their Big Win in Court regarding stealing from their own Fans.

CHicago Cub-Times:

0 Sox
1 Cub

Chicago Cubune:

0 Sox
1 Cub

Offseason to Date.....

SOX 25
Cubs 25

ewokpelts
11-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Hanger,

Copyright this campaign slogan before bu$h does:

Peace Sells, but who's buyin?

Gene

daveeym
11-25-2003, 02:35 PM
looks like you missed one at the suntimes. Couch did an article on the cubs ticket broker along with the article by Maureen Odonnel.

Hangar18
11-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by daveeym
looks like you missed one at the suntimes. Couch did an article on the cubs ticket broker along with the article by Maureen Odonnel.

How did I miss that?

Cubs Take The Lead !!!

Cubs 26
SOX 25

nice job Daveym

Dadawg_77
11-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
How did I miss that?

Cubs Take The Lead !!!

Cubs 26
SOX 25

nice job Daveym

But this points out one flaw in your system. I think you should categorize the articles on whether or not they are positive, if they are about major news like court cases, FA signings and trades, or just fluff. That would give us a more comprehensive view of what is happening.

daveeym
11-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Hangar's got way too much time on his hand but in general while he doesn't incorporate it into his tallies, he does usually give a description of the articles each morning. Blurb, fluff, etc.

nlentz88
11-25-2003, 06:59 PM
I don't know; I think I like the way Hangar's handling this survey. By not pidgeon holing articles into categories of fluff, trades, etc. he is giving us an unbiased (dear God... on this website?) quantitative tally of the Chicago media's coverage of the two MLB teams in town. I like that.