PDA

View Full Version : White Sox - Cub Series Question

BeerHandle
11-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Here is an email I sent to the White Sox organization. Since I have not heard back from anyone, can someone at WSI answer the question?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jerry R., Rob G, and the White Sox:

I have had season tickets for the past three seasons and have a very specific question that I hope you can answer.

As a split season ticket holder, why can I only purchase extra tickets for the Cubs - Sox series in the upper deck? Also, I understand that the full season ticket holders can only purchase extra tickets in the upper deck. I would think that you would want the Cubs fan in the upper deck and the Sox fans in the lower deck. I do appreciate the fact that I can purchase the tickets in advance, but it wouldn't be hard to get online and buy the same seats in the upper deck. I hope you have a good answer to my question or change your policy!

Thanks for the continuing renovations. The Sox will have the best park in baseball.

Sincerely,

BDP

CubKilla
11-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Don't the split-season ticket holders get their tickets for slightly lower than face value? Considering walk-ups would have to pay full price for the sought after lower bowl, like all decisions faced by the White Sox, I'm sure it has to do with the few $$$$$'s more they can get from the walk-ups.

Just a guess though.

BeerHandle
11-24-2003, 10:54 PM
As a split season ticket holder you do pay slightly less; however when you purchase extra tickets they are at full price. As a split season ticket holder you can purchase extra tickets for opening day and Cubs/Sox games prior to them going on sale to the public. The difference is that for opening day you can purchase extra tickets anywhere in the park. For the Cubs/Sox series you can only get extra tickets in the upper deck.

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

ewokpelts
11-25-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
As a split season ticket holder you do pay slightly less; however when you purchase extra tickets they are at full price. As a split season ticket holder you can purchase extra tickets for opening day and Cubs/Sox games prior to them going on sale to the public. The difference is that for opening day you can purchase extra tickets anywhere in the park. For the Cubs/Sox series you can only get extra tickets in the upper deck.

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

Group outings and sponsors. All group outing in 03 will get a form for group options for flubs/sox. Depending on how much money you spend on groups, the better your seats. This is also after season ticket holders get thier allottments(all 8k and counting down).
Gene

It's better to try your luck on Sox 7...I got my dollar game during the cubs series.
Gene