PDA

View Full Version : The real Key to next season...

Tekijawa
11-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Are the Sox in Negotiations wih the former batboy Hildalgo? I think he was the key to the whole 2000 season! Seeing as they are bringing back old fan favorites I think he'd be a great fit in the new Ozzie Regim!

CubKilla
11-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Does Hidalgo speaka de spanish? :D:

nasox
11-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Does Hidalgo speaka de spanish? :D:

man, dont be making fun of different people because of their accents or looks. I HATE it when people make fun of other peoples ethnicity. I'm just saying-I am NOT calling you a bad person or anything.

StepsInSC
11-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by nasox
man, dont be making fun of different people because of their accents or looks. I HATE it when people make fun of other peoples ethnicity. I'm just saying-I am NOT calling you a bad person or anything.

So your saying accents of any kind are off limits?

I don't think it he was making fun of his ethnicity...maybe it was a crack at his accent but thats not inherently a derrogative thing.

Tekijawa
11-24-2003, 05:47 PM
I write with a Polish Accent... and no one has noticed so far!

jortafan
11-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know what became of Poppy? I had heard he was working as a clubhouse manager in the minor leagues, but am not sure where.

doublem23
11-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Didn't I hear Poppy Hidalgo stole a bunch of **** from the clubhouse?

roofshot87
11-24-2003, 06:50 PM
What about Bafia?

CubKilla
11-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by nasox

Calm down. It was a take on Chris Tucker asking Jackie Chan if he, "speaka de English" from the movie RUSH HOUR . I guess I should be offended when I go to Southern Illinois and the people down there ask me if I'm from Chicago because of "my accent" huh? It's thin-skinned people like you that push the PC envelope off the freakin' map.

If I offended you..... I'm NOT sorry. Grow a backbone and lighten up.

nasox
11-25-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC

So your saying accents of any kind are off limits?

I don't think it he was making fun of his ethnicity...maybe it was a crack at his accent but thats not inherently a derrogative thing.
THis is true- I concur.

Originally posted by CubKilla

Calm down. It was a take on Chris Tucker asking Jackie Chan if he, "speaka de English" from the movie RUSH HOUR . I guess I should be offended when I go to Southern Illinois and the people down there ask me if I'm from Chicago because of "my accent" huh? It's thin-skinned people like you that push the PC envelope off the freakin' map.

If I offended you..... I'm NOT sorry. Grow a backbone and lighten up.
I should clarify. I don't really care about what you said, but your take from Rush Hour reminded me of my childhood, where being an Indian, I was told to go to my Quik-E-Mart (even though my dad was a doctor) and to "wipe the poo off of my butt with my hands." Traumatic for a 12 year old, isn't it?
And maybe I should grow a backbone, cuz being without form is really starting to get hard.
Just an observation, cheeses' "huge trade" better happen soon because of the lack of legitimate, interesting baseball and white sox talk this time of year, there is way to much arguing going on (and i admit, some of this is my fault).

StillMissOzzie
11-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I write with a Polish Accent... and no one has noticed so far!

And "Tekijawa" sounds SO Polish!!!

SMO
:gulp: