PDA

View Full Version : Crosstown Info?

surfdudes
11-24-2003, 10:39 AM
I am looking for information on the Crosstown Sox / Cubs series-
Stats, History, Team Records, etc....
Any info, websites, links, anecdotes, etc... would be appreciated.

Dadawg_77
11-24-2003, 11:11 AM
For the games that counted

http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/head2head-games.cgi?team1=CHW&team2=CHC&from=1901&to=2002

jortafan
11-24-2003, 11:50 AM
I can give two sources of information about the old Chicago City Series (which is what I assume you're asking about). Neither, to my knowledge, is on the Internet. They involve good ol' fashioned print.

The Chicago Historical Society publishes a magazine, called Chicago History, that once had a very thorough article giving the history of the old city series (which was a best of seven series between the two teams played simultaneous to the World Series in years when neither Chicago team made it). I can't remember the date when that article appeared, but I'm sure the museum's people could figure it out easily enough.

Also, The White Sox Encyclopedia by Rich Lindberg includes a separate chapter providing stories and statistics from all the various games our Sox have played against that Mickey Mouse outfit from the North Side.

Hope that helps.

surfdudes
11-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
For the games that counted

Perfect! Thank You

surfdudes
11-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by jortafan

Also, The White Sox Encyclopedia by Rich Lindberg includes a separate chapter providing stories and statistics from all the various games our Sox have played against that Mickey Mouse outfit from the North Side.

Hope that helps.

Gracias