PDA

View Full Version : WSI @ Soxfest 04?

ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey,
Any plans to have a booth at the 04 Soxfest? I thought it was pretty cool you guys represented in 02, and wondered why there wasnt a return appearnace in 03.
Gene

PaleHoseGeorge
11-23-2003, 05:12 PM
It costs a lot of money and the Sox weren't very accommodating. There are no plans for a return visit at this time.

Quite a few WSIers hooked up during last year's SoxFest. That's the plan for '04, too.

ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It costs a lot of money and the Sox weren't very accommodating. There are no plans for a return visit at this time.

Quite a few WSIers hooked up during last year's SoxFest. That's the plan for '04, too.

How much were booths? Wonder why they weren't very accommodating? Oh well.....I thought it was pretty cool in 02. That's when I bought Dan's book.
Gene

PaleHoseGeorge
11-23-2003, 05:18 PM
It costs several hundred dollars for a booth. Unless we're selling something (like Dan's book) it is a breakeven proposition at best. We aren't exactly rolling in the bucks around here. What little budget we have can be better spent elsewhere.

TornLabrum
11-23-2003, 05:43 PM

Just a reminder that the Windy City Sox Fans will have a booth. Stop by, say hi, maybe join the club (annual membership is $25.00 and all proceeds we take in beyond expenses go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital), and at least plunk down a buck and pull a pencil and win a prize. I spend quite a bit of my SoxFest time there tending the pencil pull and other assorted stuff.

joepoe
11-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Just a reminder that the Windy City Sox Fans will have a booth. Stop by, say hi, maybe join the club (annual membership is $25.00 and all proceeds we take in beyond expenses go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital), and at least plunk down a buck and pull a pencil and win a prize. I spend quite a bit of my SoxFest time there tending the pencil pull and other assorted stuff.

Hal has a lot of fun pulling the old pencil!

whitesoxwilkes
11-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by joepoe

Gonna join us at the fest this year, 'Po?

TornLabrum
11-23-2003, 09:35 PM

And you don't?

JDP
11-23-2003, 10:25 PM
PaleHoseGeorge:

Contact me and let me know if you want to be there in '04 and/or need any funding for attendance.

joepoe
11-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Gonna join us at the fest this year, 'Po?

I went a couple three years ago. The booths aren't much to see. People selling overpriced memorabilia. Then there is Hal and his crew pulling pencils, which is always fun. The Tucson tourist booth is there with a little info on Tucson.

I didn't stand in line for autographs, but I did go to the first session, that was not well attended, and asked Hawk and DJ a question.

I had more fun talking to Manuel, Schu, Gene Honda, and eating kosher hotdogs.

It's kind of a hike for me, but if you're going, let me know what day so I can plan.

Iwritecode
11-24-2003, 10:18 AM
It costs several hundred dollars for a booth. Unless we're selling something (like Dan's book) it is a breakeven proposition at best. We aren't exactly rolling in the bucks around here. What little budget we have can be better spent elsewhere.

With the increased amount of merchandise you have with the WSI logo on it, you have plenty of stuff to sell. :D:

Anyway, should we look for you there at all? I'm sure a lot of us will be meeting up in the bar either Friday or Saturday night.

MisterB
11-24-2003, 01:48 PM

:reinsy
"I feel your pain, George"

:D:

steff
11-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I spend quite a bit of my SoxFest time there tending the pencil pull and other assorted stuff.

Yeah.. when you're not at the bar. :D:

steff
11-24-2003, 05:09 PM
It's kind of a hike for me, but if you're going, let me know what day so I can plan.

Friday night.. but plan on bringing a DD or staying the night. Kris and I will be judges in Meltons wine drinking contest :gulp: :D:

Tekijawa
11-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Where's this bar, I'm planning on being there this year, with at least one brother, We'll be the 6'7" Pollaks!

TornLabrum
11-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Where's this bar, I'm planning on being there this year, with at least one brother, We'll be the 6'7" Pollaks!

It's the Big bar (unless they've changed its name) upstairs from the atrium.

BeerHandle
11-24-2003, 11:12 PM
The two main bars are Knuckles and the Big Bar. It would be great to see WSI at SoxFest!!!

Rocky Soprano
11-26-2003, 11:21 AM
I hope to meet some of you this year.