PDA

View Full Version : 2004 TOPPS (Sox and ASG related)


ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey all,

This may be moved to parking lot, but a quick word on the 2004 Topps cards. There's relic cards (jersey) of the 2003 All Star Game, Home Run Derby , and Celebrity game. Sox players included are E-LO, Maggs, Crazy Carl,Bo, Goose Gossage, and Harold Baines. All Are Jersey Cards. Also included are autographs of the DP King, Paul Konerko, and Maggs. The packaging also reflects soem fo the ASG artwork for 03.For the All Star Collectors, This is for you.

Gene

p.s. Relics of the Rookie Game are included in Bowman, due in May.

Brian26
11-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Sounds very cool. When do these come out? Topps has been doing a good job on their Heritage cards the past couple of years.

ewokpelts
11-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Sounds very cool. When do these come out? Topps has been doing a good job on their Heritage cards the past couple of years.

Last Week. The base Topps product's series 1 comes out in Nov. Series 2 in April. This year's series looks great. There are Black Bordered chase cards that look GREAT on sox cards.
Gene

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-24-2003, 12:51 AM
While on the topic of collectibles, anyone here collect McFarlane Sportpicks? They just announced 3 new MLB line ups and Magglio Ordonez is going to be in the second one. First White Sox player outside of the Frank Thomas that was sold at the Fanfest.

ewokpelts
11-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
While on the topic of collectibles, anyone here collect McFarlane Sportpicks? They just announced 3 new MLB line ups and Magglio Ordonez is going to be in the second one. First White Sox player outside of the Frank Thomas that was sold at the Fanfest.

not really..although i have the frank figure..there was suppossed to be a canseco figure back in late 01/early 02...i think an exclusive...never happened
Gene

nasox
11-24-2003, 01:16 AM
is this in normal, regular packs?

Brian26
11-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
While on the topic of collectibles, anyone here collect McFarlane Sportpicks? They just announced 3 new MLB line ups and Magglio Ordonez is going to be in the second one. First White Sox player outside of the Frank Thomas that was sold at the Fanfest.

These are the figures right? The Frank figure from Fan Fest is spectacular. I still have him in the original packaging. It's just too nice of a package to open up.

ewokpelts
11-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by nasox
is this in normal, regular packs?

Yes. You can get them in the packs, but they're random inserts.
Gene

awesomefan
11-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the baseball card info.

My sister got me a Frank Thomas game worn jersey card for last Christmas & I got a Magglio Ordonez game used bat card off the internet. Also picked up a couple of Magglio & Carlos Lee autographed cards on the internet.

Wish I could afford to get more stuff like that. But I do have alot of other autographs I got at the last 10 Sox Fests.

ewokpelts
11-25-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by awesomefan
Thanks for the baseball card info.

My sister got me a Frank Thomas game worn jersey card for last Christmas & I got a Magglio Ordonez game used bat card off the internet. Also picked up a couple of Magglio & Carlos Lee autographed cards on the internet.

Wish I could afford to get more stuff like that. But I do have alot of other autographs I got at the last 10 Sox Fests.

Regardless of Beckett value, most jersey/bat/auto cards can be had for less than 10 bucks. There's a huge glut of offerings from teh last few years, and most people just try and get thier fav players anyway. Almost evey product has relic and auto cards. I've picked up tons of Sox deals on ebay.
Gene