PDA

View Full Version : This seat sales show's THEM something.........


Medford Bobby
11-23-2003, 12:43 AM
That after a crummy end to the Sox season and having to put up with the Cups going to the post season, that they are alot of Sox fans out there that will wait for 2 hours for no seats for sale. You may be pissed that they may have had not enough seats for sale, but I bet the SOX are sorry too! They could have scrapped all the seats pulled out, and I bet you those dumpster seats would have sold at 10 bucks apiece. My point is they better see the message that Sox fans want to show this ain't no Cups town and will support not only the team but that even THIS BALLPARK is truly part of out Sox heritage!!!!!!!!

PS, where was everybody that day in 1976 when I showed up at Comiskey Park for piece of artificial turf?????????I still have my piece in storage..........I'm sure Dick Allen expectorated on it!!!!!!



:andy "I think everybody would have wanted a piece of Andy too................." Medford Bobby

CubKilla
11-23-2003, 01:32 AM
I wonder if JR would be willing to sell one of the old scoreboard pinwheels on the wall in the BP SportsBar?

Realist
11-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
That after a crummy end to the Sox season and having to put up with the Cups going to the post season, that they are alot of Sox fans out there that will wait for 2 hours for no seats for sale. You may be pissed that they may have had not enough seats for sale, but I bet the SOX are sorry too! They could have scrapped all the seats pulled out, and I bet you those dumpster seats would have sold at 10 bucks apiece. My point is they better see the message that Sox fans want to show this ain't no Cups town and will support not only the team but that even THIS BALLPARK is truly part of out Sox heritage!!!!!!!!

PS, where was everybody that day in 1976 when I showed up at Comiskey Park for piece of artificial turf?????????I still have my piece in storage..........I'm sure Dick Allen expectorated on it!!!!!!



:andy "I think everybody would have wanted a piece of Andy too................." Medford Bobby

Hell, tear out ALL the blue seats in the entire building and I'm sure we can find at least 40,000 Sox fans that'll buy 'em up as long as we're promised new green seats for the stadium. I'd buy a whole row just for myself.

I love that pic of Andy. I just wish I didn't think of Ozzie Guillen whenever I see him. :D:

ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I wonder if JR would be willing to sell one of the old scoreboard pinwheels on the wall in the BP SportsBar?

they had some up for sale at past grage sales....i think they were sold for $2500.
Gene

CubKilla
11-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
they had some up for sale at past grage sales....i think they were sold for $2500.
Gene

I know Chicago radio-guy Steve Dahl bought one of the blue ones and committed the sacrilege of having it attached to the Wrigleyville rooftop of Murphy's Bleacher Bar on Sheffield. Murphy's then went ahead and painted the Harry Carey caricature on it.

ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I know Chicago radio-guy Steve Dahl bought one of the blue ones and committed the sacrilege of having it attached to the Wrigleyville rooftop of Murphy's Bleacher Bar on Sheffield. Murphy's then went ahead and painted the Harry Carey caricature on it.

Now I have a reason to heckle patrons there. And urinate on thier walls. And put Sox stickers in thier bathrooms, barstools, windows, ect.


Oh, and now I have a reason to REALLY hate steve dahl. As if he cant run a talk show for $@$@ wasnt enough.

Gene

DrCrawdad
11-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Now I have a reason to heckle patrons there. And urinate on thier walls. And put Sox stickers in thier bathrooms, barstools, windows, ect...

And kill the wall weeds...

Brian26
11-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Oh, and now I have a reason to REALLY hate steve dahl. As if he cant run a talk show for $@$@ wasnt enough.

Gene

Dahl's show hasn't been worth listening to since at least late 1992, and that's being generous.

ChiSoxBobette
11-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Realist
Hell, tear out ALL the blue seats in the entire building and I'm sure we can find at least 40,000 Sox fans that'll buy 'em up as long as we're promised new green seats for the stadium. I'd buy a whole row just for myself.

I love that pic of Andy. I just wish I didn't think of Ozzie Guillen whenever I see him. :D:

according to what I read in the paper over the weekend phase V for the new ballpark will include painting the seats green

Tekijawa
11-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
according to what I read in the paper over the weekend phase V for the new ballpark will include painting the seats green


I only hope Phase V includes raising a world series Banner... then the seats could be pink for all I care...

Irishsox1
11-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Dahl stuck the old pin wheel on top of Murphys to stick it to the Cubs. The plan was that when the White Sox played the Cubs and the Sox hit a homerun, the wheel would light up. It was up there for a while like that, then Murphy had it painted and re-lit after Harry died. Since Harry was the announcer for the Sox and Cubs, it therefore made "sense", at least to Murphy.

ewokpelts
11-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Dahl stuck the old pin wheel on top of Murphys to stick it to the Cubs. The plan was that when the White Sox played the Cubs and the Sox hit a homerun, the wheel would light up. It was up there for a while like that, then Murphy had it painted and re-lit after Harry died. Since Harry was the announcer for the Sox and Cubs, it therefore made "sense", at least to Murphy.


ok...but still.....why not trash murphy's?

PaleHoseGeorge
11-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Dahl stuck the old pin wheel on top of Murphys to stick it to the Cubs. The plan was that when the White Sox played the Cubs and the Sox hit a homerun, the wheel would light up. It was up there for a while like that, then Murphy had it painted and re-lit after Harry died. Since Harry was the announcer for the Sox and Cubs, it therefore made "sense", at least to Murphy.

That venerated piece of White Sox history has no business being used as a prop by anyone even remotely associated with the Lovable Losers. To my way of thinking, it is the equivalent of a scalp the Flubbie faithful have mounted on a post. Painting it over with a carcicature of Harry's face only underscores the perverted symbolism.

If I was Mayor Daley, I would call up the Meigs Field Renovation Team for an 11 pm Sunday night encore performance at Clark & Addison. Start by bulldozing Murphy's Bleachers right down to flat earth. That ought to take all of five minutes. Next punch a hole in the Urinal's right field wall and carve a giant "X" right through the middle of the infield.

The Cubune's lawyers will all be fast asleep until it's too late. They wouldn't dare make a move on the City or they can just kiss goodbye their chances of adding any more night games to cash in on their rabble of "fans."

Ah, dreams...

:gulp:

skottyj242
11-24-2003, 02:04 PM
This is my first post here so if I mess up or sound stupid don't get all pissed at me. I got to Comiskey at eight in the morning on Saturday and waited in the cold for two hours to only be told that my name would go on a list if I wanted to wait for at least another half of an hour. They told me that if more seats become abailable (physically impossible) they would go down the list and contact everyone. What a crock of *****. I am very dissapointed that we were even led to the assumption that we were getting anything, why was there even a "pre-sale" for season ticket holders if there were no seats to sell? I think I only saw five to ten people actually buy seats. I also heard the the security and friends, and friends of the construction workers were allowed to have their choice before any of this was even planned. Oh, yeah they all got them for free too!! So I don't remember who it was that said the Sox were probably upset about not having enough seats but you're full of crap. This is just another example of the organization screwing their loyal fans. The way they screwed us with All-Star tickets and playoff tickets in 2000. The way they offered Colon a back ended, no interest contract so that when he walked away he looked like the bad guy. I've really got nothing else to say, any feedback would be appreciated. I'll see you guys next year in section 158.

Tekijawa
11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Why didn't they sell Koch's Cursed Pillars? I wonder who has those now?