PDA

View Full Version : todd walker

ScottyTheSoxFan
11-22-2003, 01:19 PM
what about him at 2b? im not sure what his cost would be, but he would be alot better alternative at second than harris or graf, assuming alomar does not return. his defense is average at best, but he can hit (85 rbi last season)

guillen4life13
11-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
what about him at 2b? im not sure what his cost would be, but he would be alot better alternative at second than harris or graf, assuming alomar does not return. his defense is average at best, but he can hit (85 rbi last season)

What's his asking price (We all know that's what it comes down to anyways)?

munchman33
11-22-2003, 01:56 PM
The sox need more of a leadoff type at second base more than they need a guy to drive in runs. And don't forget, anyone could drive in 85 runs with that Boston lineup.

Frank the Tank
11-22-2003, 02:10 PM
I don't know why the sox don't just cough up the 2 MM and sign Robbie. He has a couple of years left in him, and he is still an above average ball player.

joepoe
11-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan

I dont think he is that bad a fielder. He doesn't strike out a ton, and isn't that slow. He would look good in the two hole. He made $3 million or so last year? How about 12 mill over 3 years?

SuperSteve
11-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I don't know why the sox don't just cough up the 2 MM and sign Robbie. He has a couple of years left in him, and he is still an above average ball player.

That's prob what it'd take. He would be nice in the two hole, but is a right hand bat. We have many of those, we don't need another.