PDA

View Full Version : ESPN predictions

basilesox
11-22-2003, 01:37 AM
I am pretty sure that ESPN has had the top 50 ESPN Free Agent rankings up for a while, so someone might have already commented on this. ESPN has us losing Alomar to the Cardinals and the only FA in the top 50 they have us getting is Fernando Vina.

This has to be a nightmare, Wake me up Please, Fernando Vina.

His OBP is horrible, he is so desperate to get on base he intentionally dives to the plate. He is also not a base stealing threat. Id rather have Willie Harris

ExSoxFan
11-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Not to mention that both middle infielders would have questionable facial hair!
:D:

doublem23
11-22-2003, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure ESPN came up with that list by putting all the team names on a wall, chewing a stick of gum for every free agent, placing the chewed gum on a ruler and flicking it at the wall.

CubKilla
11-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I'm pretty sure ESPN came up with that list by putting all the team names on a wall, chewing a stick of gum for every free agent, placing the chewed gum on a ruler and flicking it at the wall.

I actually though it was a dartboard :D:

doublem23
11-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I actually though it was a dartboard :D:

No, you can aim the darts... Too accurate! :smile:

StillMissOzzie
11-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I saw this list too, and I recorded their predictions. We must keep in mind that this must have been the predictions of 1-2 guys, NOT the consensus of the ESPN braintrust, because Boston Gammons had a few of his own that disagreed with the "List of 50"'s predictions. Anyhow, the List of 50 had Escobar going to Texas, so they are 0-1 so far. I'll keep track as more signings come in...

SMO
:gulp:

doublem23
11-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Were did they have Vlad? If in Yankee pinstripes it looks like possibly another swing and a miss.

Soxfest
11-22-2003, 11:32 PM
That would be the worst offseason ever, with only Vina.