PDA

View Full Version : Yankee's a No-Go for Guerrero

JDP
11-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Yankees GM Brian Cashman says Vladimir Guerrero's asking price is too high for the team to pursue him this offseason, the New York Daily News reports.

Fisk Fan
11-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Perfect. Now it's time for KW to swoop in and gobble him up...........

:KW
Don't look at me. My hands are tied!

DrCrawdad
11-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by JDP
Yankees GM Brian Cashman says Vladimir Guerrero's asking price is too high for the team to pursue him this offseason, the New York Daily News reports.

How much was Vlad asking for?

StillMissOzzie
11-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JDP

Wow - I didn't think the Yanks had ANY limits!

SMO

jordan23ventura
11-22-2003, 12:11 AM
Oh well. I'm sure they'll find another way to win the AL East. As its shaping up though, I like Toronto's chances. With Boston trying their best to do whatever the hell they're trying to do, they should be a lock for 3rd.

CubKilla
11-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by JDP
Yankees GM Brian Cashman says Vladimir Guerrero's asking price is too high for the team to pursue him this offseason

Anyone here think the Yanks will now make a play for Maggs :?: ?
I think it is now completely possible if this article is to be believed..... unless Vlad was looking for $15 million + a season.

MRKARNO
11-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Anyone here think the Yanks will now make a play for Maggs :?: ?
I think it is now completely possible if this article is to be believed..... unless Vlad was looking for $15 million + a season.

The Yanks will be making a play for Sheffield

TDog
11-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Yanks will be making a play for Sheffield

I hope so. He's an overpriced head case.

Frank the Tank
11-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Maybe owners really are tired of paying too much for the players.

CubKilla
11-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Maybe owners really are tired of paying too much for the players.

How much longer before we start hearing collusion talk from the MLBPA :?: ?

Frank the Tank
11-22-2003, 01:26 AM

Not Long

34rancher
11-22-2003, 09:40 AM

Why is it when they make gazillions of dollars, it is fair market value, yet when the market goes south, it is collusion?

StillMissOzzie
11-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Why is it when they make gazillions of dollars, it is fair market value, yet when the market goes south, it is collusion?

Cuz "the market" is what the players SAY it is!

SMO
:gulp:

34rancher
11-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Cuz "the market" is what the players SAY it is!

SMO
:gulp:

Ain't that the truth?

As a fan, can I say what the market is for tickets? I say it is half of what it is.

DSpivack
11-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by TDog
I hope so. He's an overpriced head case.

I hope the Yanks do get Sheffield, so the Braves can go after Vlad. Then I can see Vlad play in person, living near Atlanta. Yay.

joepoe
11-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by JDP

Interesting news. I wonder if he will get any more than 13 -15 million for 3 years. Seems that since the A-Rod deal, teams see that a lot of dough to one guy doesn't guarantee anything.

TheRockinMT
11-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Not needing both rather than being able to afford both Vlad Guerrero and Sheffield is probably the real reason the Yanks won't go after Vlad. They only need one in RF and not both. Otherwise I am sure they would have signed both, gone after A-Rod, signed Pettite, Colon and Maddux, etc, etc. The Yankees own a bank don't they? It's called Steinbrenner.