PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Reinsdorf.......

windycityson
11-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Please keep this team in tact and get another starting pitcher(i.e. Pettite, Maddux, Millwood,Vasquez). Keep Magglio. Why give away a super star caliber player, for someone who is not proven. It is going to take money to bring a championship home to where it belongs, on the South Side. Look at the Yankees. They spend money and contend every year. I'm not saying buy the league, however, when you have $50 million tied up in 8 players, what are the chances of you getting 17 quality, PROVEN players for $10 million? I'd like our chances if we spent a little more, because in the long-run, it will pay off. More people will come to the games. I promise you that. The stadium was filling up last year when we were on our run. Yes, I said "we." I have been a die hard fan since I can remember. I feel I am part of this team.
My son who is 7 sits and watches the games with me every night I can (I live in St. Louis) or listens on the computer with me. I am 29 years old and I'm positive there have been people who've waited longer. I have grown up with disappointment except '83, when we had the best record in the league, then folded against Baltimore. In 93' I thought we were going to do it. We won't mention '94..... Then in 2000, I was certain that, that was our year. We did have all the pieces last year, but we got rid of the bent corner (Manuel). Why not give Ozzie something to work with so he can make this city proud. Don't you think you owe it to
the fans? Don't you think you owe me? I don't want my son growing up like me wondering what it would be like for his team to win it all. After 29 years, I am still wondering. So please, Mr. Reinsdorf, open the checkbook, and make my son proud to be a Sox fan.

DSpivack
11-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Amen.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by windycityson
....So please, Mr. Reinsdorf, open the checkbook, and make my son proud to be a Sox fan.

He opened his checkbook to sign Carlton Fisk in 1981. He opened his checkbook in 1996 to sign Albert Belle, but the evidence suggests he did it more to spite his fellow owners (who were on the verge of settling with the players' union) than trying to improve the Sox.

I'm sorry, but 23 seasons worth of Jerry Reinsdorf ownership doesn't leave me with much hope your son will be made proud to be a Sox Fan.

Can I suggest eating churros? They are far superior to anything else served at any other ballpark. We can be proud of our ballpark food. :smile:

:gulp:

JDP
11-21-2003, 08:24 PM
(I live in St. Louis)

St. Louis or Belleview?

windycityson
11-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Belleview?

SouthSideHitman
11-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Perhaps he means Belleville.

And not to nitpick, but intact is two words. (Forgive me, I am the son of two English majors and my dad is an editor).

duke of dorwood
11-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Belleview is an oft referred to nut house in New York

duke of dorwood
11-21-2003, 09:48 PM
:reinsy

Dear Windycityson,

Just spend your money on tickets. If I say be proud, then be proud. Now that I've used US CEllular $ on the park, be proud that my estate will get so much more when the team is sold after I croak . Then MY KIDS will be proud (and rich)

Love and salary restrictions,

Uncle Jer

windycityson
11-22-2003, 02:59 AM
Dear Uncle Jer,

I appreciate the quick response. I just hope you get the room in hell next to the furnace. Sell the team to someone who cares what the fans want and not the $$$$$$.

Take care,
windycity :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ewokpelts
11-22-2003, 03:47 PM
i'm planning on writing ol jerry a letter explaining why I may not return as a season ticket holder, despite my great seats and the excellent service from the ticket office. In the course of one year, I went from hopeful to suicidal. And 04 wont be a good year to walk on bridges alone.
Gene

joepoe
11-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He opened his checkbook to sign Carlton Fisk in 1981. He opened his checkbook in 1996 to sign Albert Belle, but the evidence suggests he did it more to spite his fellow owners (who were on the verge of settling with the players' union) than trying to improve the Sox.

I'm sorry, but 23 seasons worth of Jerry Reinsdorf ownership doesn't leave me with much hope your son will be made proud to be a Sox Fan.

Can I suggest eating churros? They are far superior to anything else served at any other ballpark. We can be proud of our ballpark food. :smile:

:gulp:

We can also be proud of George Bossard, the best groundskeeper in the majors, Nancy Faust, and the inimitable Joe Nossek!

TornLabrum
11-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by joepoe
We can also be proud of George Bossard, the best groundskeeper in the majors, Nancy Faust, and the inimitable Joe Nossek!

That's a big Roger.

Daver
11-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by joepoe

Hell yeah,JR would have no clue who to fire if it wasn't for Joe Nosseck.

gosox41
11-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Please keep this team in tact and get another starting pitcher(i.e. Pettite, Maddux, Millwood,Vasquez). Keep Magglio. Why give away a super star caliber player, for someone who is not proven. It is going to take money to bring a championship home to where it belongs, on the South Side. Look at the Yankees. They spend money and contend every year. I'm not saying buy the league, however, when you have $50 million tied up in 8 players, what are the chances of you getting 17 quality, PROVEN players for $10 million? I'd like our chances if we spent a little more, because in the long-run, it will pay off. More people will come to the games. I promise you that. The stadium was filling up last year when we were on our run. Yes, I said "we." I have been a die hard fan since I can remember. I feel I am part of this team.
My son who is 7 sits and watches the games with me every night I can (I live in St. Louis) or listens on the computer with me. I am 29 years old and I'm positive there have been people who've waited longer. I have grown up with disappointment except '83, when we had the best record in the league, then folded against Baltimore. In 93' I thought we were going to do it. We won't mention '94..... Then in 2000, I was certain that, that was our year. We did have all the pieces last year, but we got rid of the bent corner (Manuel). Why not give Ozzie something to work with so he can make this city proud. Don't you think you owe it to
the fans? Don't you think you owe me? I don't want my son growing up like me wondering what it would be like for his team to win it all. After 29 years, I am still wondering. So please, Mr. Reinsdorf, open the checkbook, and make my son proud to be a Sox fan.

Good message. Did you send it in to the team??

I know a lot of people (including me) e-mail or write in to the team to offer kudos or criticism. But more and more people need to do this. There is power in numbers. If enough people write in about being fed up with ticket prices and giving examples of cut backs they're going to make the team almost has to listen.

Bob

ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Good message. Did you send it in to the team??

I know a lot of people (including me) e-mail or write in to the team to offer kudos or criticism. But more and more people need to do this. There is power in numbers. If enough people write in about being fed up with ticket prices and giving examples of cut backs they're going to make the team almost has to listen.

Bob

Word. Email your ticket rep(esp . if you threaten not to renew), or even one of teh main email addys ( i.e. tickets@chisox.com)
Gene

windycityson
11-23-2003, 06:06 PM
I did send it into the team and my reply was a simple thank you. Good ole JR must have read it, felt guilty, then looked at the balance in his check book, and spit in our face.