PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Jeromy Burnitz?

Champs2004
11-21-2003, 04:38 PM
while KW is strapped financially by uncle jerry, here's a bargain power hitter for y'all....Jeromy Burnitz! he has power and from the left side of the plate too. he needs a change of scenery from LA anyway

dickallen15
11-21-2003, 04:47 PM
We have a shortstop who hits left handed, .230 and strikes out a couple times a game. We don't need anyone else like that.

SoxxoS
11-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Using the great words of Dr. Evil,

How about NOOOOOOOO!

hold2dibber
11-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Champs2004
while KW is strapped financially by uncle jerry, here's a bargain power hitter for y'all....Jeromy Burnitz! he has power and from the left side of the plate too. he needs a change of scenery from LA anyway

Burnitz isn't too terrible - depends on how much he's asking for. He's 34, was absolutely horrible in '02 and was horrible for LA last year, but was great in the 1st half for the Mets and has had some solid seasons. If the Sox were to trade one of their corner outfielders, Burnitz would be a decent platoon candidate (he's been horrible against lefties but pretty good against righties). But I'm guessing there will be better, affordable candidates. And I'd probably rather have Daubach - who would be cheaper anyway.

joepoe
11-21-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Burnitz isn't too terrible - depends on how much he's asking for. He's 34, was absolutely horrible in '02 and was horrible for LA last year, but was great in the 1st half for the Mets and has had some solid seasons. If the Sox were to trade one of their corner outfielders, Burnitz would be a decent platoon candidate (he's been horrible against lefties but pretty good against righties). But I'm guessing there will be better, affordable candidates. And I'd probably rather have Daubach - who would be cheaper anyway.

I personnally don't want another piano lugger, and one that swings for the fences every at bat at that.

TDog
11-21-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Burnitz isn't too terrible - depends on how much he's asking for. ...

It also depends on how you want to use him. Speaking as a former Brewers season ticket holder, I would say that if you want him to play on your baseball team, he is too terrible.

Bisco Stu
11-22-2003, 12:22 AM
I already endured enough of his underachieving asse with the Mets

Frank the Tank
11-22-2003, 12:30 AM
If the sox are committed to dealing Magglio, I would rather have burnitz than Rowand, Harris, or Reed in the outfield.
p.s. NO ONE IS WORSE THAN DAUBACH!!!

joepoe
11-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
If the sox are committed to dealing Magglio, I would rather have burnitz than Rowand, Harris, or Reed in the outfield.

Shades of Dan Pasqua!

duke of dorwood
11-22-2003, 08:48 PM
no thanks. Dan Pasqua was younger and still had some potential, this guy on the down slide. As bad as we need left handed power, its not this guy.

RKMeibalane
11-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Maybe someone could convince Konerko to bat left-handed from now on.

ewokpelts
11-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Using the great words of Dr. Evil,

How about NOOOOOOOO!

Amen Brother.....

Originally posted by TDog

Speaking as a former Brewers season ticket holder, I would say that if you want him to play on your baseball team, he is too terrible.
In 02, I too was a brew crew season ticket holder....people did NOT like ol' Jeremy up there...and neither did I.....

Originally posted by Frank the Tank

Daubach is better than Konerko.

Gene