PDA

View Full Version : david wells

idseer
09-01-2001, 10:43 PM
anyone see where now he feels he shouldn't be 'penalized' because of his injury? i'm sure i read he'd like to come back and would understand an incentive laden contract.

"I've given 100 percent to whoever I played with. I think you shouldn't be penalized because you've had surgery. There are guys who have had surgeries every other year and are getting paid a lot of money. To me, what's fair is fair."

no way i pick up this guys option!

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2001, 10:50 PM
The Sox are not going to pick up his option he knows that. I'm sure he is talking about how much he wants to be able to earn via the incentives.

KempersRS
09-01-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
The Sox are not going to pick up his option he knows that. I'm sure he is talking about how much he wants to be able to earn via the incentives.

I really hope they sign him back. I like the staff next year with him in there. I still think he can be an effective pitcher. He would be a solid innings guy and it would really help shape up our pen. My rotation would be:
Buehrle
D. Wells
Garland
K. Wells
Rauch/Lowe
I dunno if Rauch will be ready next year. I'd love for Lowe to accept a reliever's role because we need more good arms in the pen. Lowe, Osuna, Parque, Wunsch, Foulke, Howry, Glover in my pen.

Chisox_cali
09-01-2001, 11:19 PM
I dunno if Rauch will be ready next year.

Do you think if he's not ready by the start of next season he could be a May/June call-up like bere was to the 93 team????

P.S. look who made his way to my NEW SIG
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

idseer
09-01-2001, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

I dunno if Rauch will be ready next year.

since he basically missed the whole year i sure hope they don't bring him up. nothing has changed about the fact he needs experience and it's as true this year as it was last year.

chisoxt
09-02-2001, 07:20 AM
Don't believe for one second that he'll come back with the Sox. I think that Wells made those gracious comments last week in St. Pete because he got caught up in the emotion of reuniting with his teammates. When he thought about what he said, his true colors shone through and he said these more recent comments.

If Wells is healthy enough, there are several stupid teams out there that will over pay to sign him.