PDA

View Full Version : White Sox & Schwarzenegger trivia questions

cwsox
11-19-2003, 09:47 PM
1. What Arnold Schwarzenegger movie was filmed at Comiskey Park?

Please note I am not saying much of the footage was used in the movie. In fact what was used was very subtle. But it is there. A lot more than what made the final cut was filmed at Comiskey. The ballpark chase scene just didn't make the directors cut - or anyone's cut.

2. what team do we (Sox) play in the footage shown in the movie?

3. On the game day of the filming, someone was playing at Comiskey who still plays for the Sox. And that player is: _______________

4. As the chase scene at Comiskey was not used in the movie, how did the footage of the game show up in the movie?

santo=dorf
11-19-2003, 10:10 PM
3. Nancy Faust?

ewokpelts
11-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by cwsox

Please note I am not saying much of the footage was used in the movie. In fact what was used was very subtle. But it is there. A lot more than what made the final cut was filmed at Comiskey. The ballpark chase scene just didn't make the directors cut - or anyone's cut.

3. On the game day of the filming, someone was playing at Comiskey who still plays for the Sox. And that player is: _______________

4. As the chase scene at Comiskey was not used in the movie, how did the footage of the game show up in the movie?

1. red heat?
3. Frank Thomas?

ChiSox1983
11-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by cwsox

These are completely uneducated guesses:

1. Kindergarten Cop
2. Tigers
3. Thomas
4. I have no idea.

kingpin_rcs
11-19-2003, 11:52 PM
1. Red Heat (with Jim Belushi)
2. Not sure - guessing Yankees
3. Has to be Frank Thomas although Guillen is shown sliding into 2nd.
4. Arnold and Jim B are at a bar toward the end of the movie and the game is on TV.

TDog
11-20-2003, 02:46 AM
Did Arnold Schwarzenegger appear in any movies? He's so difficult to understand that he probably had to have someone dub in his lines.

cwsox
11-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
1. Red Heat (with Jim Belushi)
2. Not sure - guessing Yankees
3. Has to be Frank Thomas although Guillen is shown sliding into 2nd.
4. Arnold and Jim B are at a bar toward the end of the movie and the game is on TV.

1. Yep!
2. Tigers
3. Nancy Faust is the one playing then and now
3. Again, yep! There was supposed to be a chase scene but that didn;t make the movie so it ended up on the tv at the bar.

ewokpelts
11-20-2003, 09:22 AM
is there footage of the chase scene?
Gene

miker
11-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Wow! Back then the Russians were the evil empire, Ahh-nold was a bodybuilder turned actor and the Sox had gone years without a World Series championship.

Now, Russia is a shaky ally, Ahh-nold is the governor of California and we're still waiting! :angry:

CubKilla
11-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gene

Maybe it's a DVD extra :?:

cwsox
11-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gene

I never thought of that until you asked. CK's answer is as good as any - if it still exists, the only place I know of where it might be.

I was never a Schwarzenegger fan at all, still not, but I took my kids to that game where the filming was done just because it was a movie being made at my ballpark. The chase scene was Belushi and Arnold chasing the bad guy(s) through the crowd at Comiskey during a game. So much was filmed the night before, as I recall, and then the day we were there. I was really disappointed when the movie came out and the reports then were that no matter how they edited it didn't work so they dropped it from the film. That was the only Schwarzenegger movie I have ever sat through or paid a cent to see... and what I wanted to see wasn't there.

The film, if it still exists, should be put on dvd and sold at USCF. Would be some great shots of Comiskey the original in there I am sure.

The only reason I thought of it yesterday was the movie's name came up in another context for me yesterday.

ode to veeck
11-20-2003, 04:15 PM
I can't believe it a thread on the Governator ... would be in the parking lot except for the comiskey part of the trivia question

cwsox
11-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
I can't believe it a thread on the Governator ... would be in the parking lot except for the comiskey part of the trivia question

Remember that the governator was in the Comiskey parking lot - I presume he didn't take the el to transport himself to the location sets. And the chase scene even though it didn't work would have some wonderful shots of original Comiskey - they would have used the ramps from the bleachers to the rest of the building, the catwalks, everything, and maybe through the locker rooms or whatever else. Now that Comiskey is gone, I am thinking of going on a search for the lost Comiskey footage. Might get the Sox to help out if we put the proceeds towards white sox charities.

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Walmart has Red Heat on DVD for only $5.88 in those huge dump bins of DVDs that you always see people searching through if anyone wants it.

Johnny Mostil
11-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by miker
Wow! Back then the Russians were the evil empire, Ahh-nold was a bodybuilder turned actor and the Sox had gone years without a World Series championship.

Now, Russia is a shaky ally, Ahh-nold is the governor of California and we're still waiting! :angry:

Yep, not one but two Russian revolutions since the White Sox last won the World Series. Would a third be the charm?

cwsox
11-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Walmart has Red Heat on DVD for only $5.88 in those huge dump bins of DVDs that you always see people searching through if anyone wants it.

friend - could you please please buy 2 of those for me - when you have them (there is no walmart near me at all), email me your adress and I will send you the money for your buying them and postage for you to mail them to me -

please - you can email me through wsi somehow - I would so very much appreciate it, very much.

Daver might vouch that I am a legit guy and won't stick you with the $11.76 plus tax that you'd be fronting me - I am a man of my word, get them please, tell me the total cost incuding your mailing costs and your address and I'll send you everything same day.

Please...

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-20-2003, 05:13 PM
I'll see if they have any copies the next time I go to walmart. DeepDiscountDVD has it for $5.31 with free shipping, http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=LVD011876 if you can order online

cwsox
11-20-2003, 05:21 PM
I'd appreciate that - if the have some, buy some - and I thnak you for the link

wonder what everyone on my Xmas list is getting this year?