PDA

View Full Version : Desi Relaford

jordan23ventura
11-19-2003, 06:32 PM
anyone else want this guy at SS in black and white next year?? since KC has Berroa, I'm guessing he will basically be regulated to UT man. make a play, Kenny!!! after all, he is also product of the mariners organization and they have quite a history of bringing up top quality players (wasn't Marte first w/ seattle in the minors?)

I say dump Valentin in a trade of any kind if possible, otherwise offer to pay maybe $1mil of his salary to get rid of him (resigning him, even with no real market for SS was ridiculous IMO) and go for Todd Walker or maybe even Mark Grudzielanek at second for offense. There is enough power in the outfield, DH, and/or 1B anyway (there is no way Maggs, Lee, AND Konerko will all go).

JDP
11-19-2003, 07:53 PM
1. A '03 .250 hitter and a career .250 hitting defensive SS. I say pass on Clayton, Part II.

2. A player (ie: Valentin) cannot be traded for quite some time (180 days?) after signing a contract.

dickallen15
11-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JDP
1. A '03 .250 hitter and a career .250 hitting defensive SS. I say pass on Clayton, Part II.

2. A player (ie: Valentin) cannot be traded for quite some time (180 days?) after signing a contract.

Valentin signed the contract after the 2000 season, the White Sox simply exercised the option. He could be traded today if there were any takers. I agree with you on Relaford. He is not an everyday player.

TheRockinMT
11-20-2003, 12:36 AM
Jose valentin is better than anyone I see on the free agent market. I am glad we kept Jose. He is a very good left handed bat, who even hit a couple dingers from the right side that won games for us last season. He has also improved on defense. I think we will be pleasently surprised in 2004 by Jose.