PDA

View Full Version : State Of the Sox

rcescato
11-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Once again i am very disappointed by this team. Every year I try to be optomistic and every year I am sad. This team is going
in the wrong direction. It is not resigning any of its current free agents. It is going as cheap as possible and now with Tom
Gordon gone we won't even get our 2nd baseman back.
We have 3 or 4 1st baseman/dh on our team and no speed.
We have no lead off hitter. The one we did have is not coming back. Roberto Alomar said he was only coming back if we brought the same team back. Well its going to be far from the same team. Grafanino might not even be back. Who is going to play 2nd. A team that should totally own this division has an owner who doesn't care to be a dominant winning owner.
A Sox fans plea to Jerry Reinsdorf, PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!
WE deserve better and want an owner who cares about winning
not just making money. I have spent so much money in that
park and my summer evenings and I just want 1 World Series
appearance before I die. Its 40 years and counting for me.
I feel much better thanks for listening.
Rich

thezeker
11-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Oh boy!!! Don't be so pessimistic. It is very early and I don't think anyone truly knows what this team will look like next year.

I am not depressed about Gordon. He is not worth 5 million a year! We made him a nice offer and I would not be surprised if he ends up signing for less than what we offered him. I(t is not a players market.

Yes the White Sox are trying to be fiscally responsible but so are most other teams. If Williams keeps his head and makes the right moves there is a good chance he can put together a much better team than last year that will make some noise in the postseason.

Do we need to get rid of some big salaries. Definitely. These supposed superstars have been around here for too many years with too little results.

A new manager was a good start. Someone who takes pride in wearing the White Sox uniform. Now it's time to get some players who play the same way and are not afraid to play baseball the way it was meant to be played.

So let's not panic yet. I'll give JR and Williams the benefit of the doubt. It can be done on the budget we have!!!!

joepoe
11-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by rcescato
Once again i am very disappointed by this team. ...It is going as cheap as possible ...
A Sox fans plea to Jerry Reinsdorf, PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!
WE deserve better and want an owner who cares about winning
not just making money. I have spent so much money in that
park and my summer evenings and I just want 1 World Series
appearance before I die. Its 40 years and counting for me.
I feel much better thanks for listening.
Rich

The Sox fan's lament. You are in good company, Rich.

soxnut
11-19-2003, 11:40 PM
WE'LL NEVER MAKE IT......WE'RE DOOMED, WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whiner: :D:

chisoxt
11-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Oh boy!!! Don't be so pessimistic. It is very early and I don't think anyone truly knows what this team will look like next year.

I agree. There are a lot of freee agents on the market, or will be, and most all of the other teams have budget constraints