PDA

View Full Version : ARod Officially on The Trade Market

Rocky Soprano
11-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Today's Sun Times says that ARod confirmed that Texas has approached him about some trades.

ARod for Konerko and Koch and make Texas pay for some of the salary. Come on Kenny!

Did I use the right color? :D:

Rocky Soprano
11-18-2003, 11:00 AM
An hour after becoming only the second player from a last-place team to win a Most Valuable Player award, Alex Rodriguez confirmed that the Rangers have talked to him about a possible trade.

''Management has approached me with a situation and some choices, and I'm just going to keep my doors open right now,'' Rodriguez said Monday from Mexico during a conference call.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/baseball/cst-spt-mvp18.html

Kilroy
11-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
ARod for Konerko and Koch and make Texas pay for some of the salary. Come on Kenny!

Add Valentin into that deal. Trade 17 mil for 25. Get Texas to throw in 3 mil for the next 3 years. Then you get ARod for 5 mil next year, and you can take a shot at winning it next year.

Rocky Soprano
11-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Add Valentin into that deal. Trade 17 mil for 25. Get Texas to throw in 3 mil for the next 3 years. Then you get ARod for 5 mil next year, and you can take a shot at winning it next year.

Great idea, I would do that in a heartbeat, would the Sox?

Unfortunately we know the answer. :angry:

idseer
11-18-2003, 11:13 AM
An hour after becoming only the second player from a last-place team to win a Most Valuable Player award, Alex Rodriguez confirmed that the Rangers have talked to him about a possible trade.

i should know this, but, who was the first? banks?

fledgedrallycap
11-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Andre Dawson, I beleive

thepaulbowski
11-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Andre Dawson, I beleive

You are right. It was Andre Dawson.

Frank the Tank
11-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Texas wants to trade ARod because they can't afford him, what makes you think the sox can? I don't think KW is stupid enough to make the same mistake the Rangers did.

Iwritecode
11-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Texas wants to trade ARod because they can't afford him, what makes you think the sox can? I don't think KW is stupid enough to make the same mistake the Rangers did.

You don't think he would be a huge draw and instantly make this team better in the process? Both things would raise attendance which, in theory, should allow the Sox to spend more money.

Granted he is over-paid, but wasn't there one point in time where he had talked about re-structuring his contract so that he could be traded???

Bobby Thigpen
11-18-2003, 11:57 AM
I had a dream the other day that this had happened, so obviously it is in the works.

Frank the Tank
11-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
You don't think he would be a huge draw and instantly make this team better in the process? Both things would raise attendance which, in theory, should allow the Sox to spend more money.

Granted he is over-paid, but wasn't there one point in time where he had talked about re-structuring his contract so that he could be traded???

I really don't think sox fans will warm up to ARod. At least not enough to offset his high price tag. If he is signed ticket prices will have to go up, so I think his signing would have an adverse impact on ticket sales in the long-term. He is an outstanding player, but signing him would include trading half our team. Not to mention an intolerable financial burden in the future. It appears that baseball teams are shying away from huge contracts. This would make him almost impossible to deal in the future. Look at the situation now. Why would Arod restructure his current contract? He claims to be about winning, but its still all about the money. And it will still be all about the money three years from now.

CubKilla
11-18-2003, 03:11 PM

Yeah..... but PayRod said he, "wasn't serious" the next day.

SoxxoS
11-18-2003, 03:11 PM

The White Sox aren't drawing crap until the win. AROD may or may not help that. Depends on the Chairman.

Very rarely to teams draw just for one player, unless a major historical event is going to take place.

gosox41
11-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Great idea, I would do that in a heartbeat, would the Sox?

Unfortunately we know the answer. :angry:

Would the Rangers???? I doubt it.

Bob

surfdudes
11-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

Would the Sox or Rangers do it?????

Payrod's Agent Scott Boris would fight it all the way.

guillen4life13
11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Today's Sun Times says that ARod confirmed that Texas has approached him about some trades.

I think you meant to use deeppink

fquaye149
11-18-2003, 09:58 PM
hey cheeses, wouldn't this be a hell of a blockbuster trade? Ask your buddy if this is what he was talkin' bout!

RichH55
11-19-2003, 03:02 AM

A) He's not restructuring

B) Boston (who has like the 2nd biggest payroll in the world), was only going to take Arod if they could lose both Nomar AND Manny R's salaries

C) Astros dealt Wagner due to Money, and Boston put Manny R. on waivers just to avoid salary..

ITS NOT JUST THE SOX.....a bad contract is a bad contract.....even if JR raises the payroll to 70-80 how much is 20-27 as a % ? Just damn damn hard to build a winner with a guy taking up that much payroll

RichH55
11-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by surfdudes
Would the Sox or Rangers do it?????

Payrod's Agent Scott Boris would fight it all the way.

Absolutely NO reason Boras would fight it

Arod gets his money either way(which means Boras gets his)

Chicago is a bigger market than Arlington, and has a better chance at winning --> Both would add to his marketability and thus to Boras's bottomline

RichH55
11-19-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

What was the other deal Texas was talking...David Eckstein?

I think its safe to say that Arod isn't going to bring what his talent alone would dictate....it all depends on the arms they would get back...they should have enough bats to win, if they can pitch at all

RichH55
11-19-2003, 03:06 AM

Note: In my other posts....I simply meant the White Sox could put a package together than could land him....this is NOT that package./....thanks