PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cabrera

Rocky Soprano
11-17-2003, 10:52 AM
While watching the Fish in the post season I thought this kid was great and has tons of potentional.

Would the Marlins be willing trade him?

CubKilla
11-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

Very..... VERY unlikely.

MisterB
11-17-2003, 11:02 AM
While watching the Fish in the post season I thought this kid was great and has tons of potentional.

Absolutely not. Mike Lowell is back on the trading block this offseason and Cabrera's his replacement next year.

Dadawg_77
11-17-2003, 11:03 AM

They still have three of him before he hits arbitration. There is no way they trade him unless they got someone like Prior in return.

kittle42
11-17-2003, 11:30 AM

Now why would they, or any team, be willing to do that? He's exactly what any team would want - young, cheap, and great potential.

Rocky Soprano
11-17-2003, 11:31 AM
He's one of the VERY few players that if the Sox traded Maggs for I wouldnt be too upset.

jabrch
11-17-2003, 11:32 AM

In a word - NO

In 2 words - NO WAY

In 3 words - No F**KING WAY

and so on...

Lowell can be had if we want a guy who is going to arbitration this year and will be an FA the following season. But he'd be expensive and we are already set at 3B for a while.

hold2dibber
11-17-2003, 12:11 PM
He's one of the VERY few players that if the Sox traded Maggs for I wouldnt be too upset.

Hell, I'd trade Maggs for A-Rod or Pedro Martinez or Albert Pujols, too - but those are about as likely as the Sox being able to trade Maggs for Cabrera - i.e., no chance in all hell.

To get Cabrera from the Marlins (who can't take on payroll), I'd guess that the Sox would have to trade Buehrle, Crede, and Reed (i.e., guys that are good, cheap and young).