PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Garcia? Ordonez to New York?

Jurr
11-16-2003, 11:59 PM
I was reading the press threads on Pro Sports Daily.com, and I read a couple of interesting things.
1. Apparently, the White Sox may make a play at Freddy Garcia. Guillen is a big supporter of FG, and may think he can get Freddy's career turned around. If he could get back on track, he could be a welcome addition.

2. Also, it's looking like Magglio's getting closer and closer to gone. The Yankees are more than willing to take him off our hands, and talks have already begun to move him. It didn't specify what we could get in return.

Jurr
11-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah..the Garcia thing's been done already on this board. Ordonez to NY, though?

JDP
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
That site had an article about the Sox' possible interest in Garcia -- albiet old news; it did not, however, mention anything of Ordonez to NY.

CubKilla
11-17-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by JDP
That site had an article about the Sox' possible interest in Garcia -- albiet old news; it did not, however, mention anything of Ordonez to NY.

It wouldn't surprise me though. Torre's gone on record as a huge Magglio fan. I've been hearing Vlad to the NYY.

Jurr
11-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Cashman also met with the White Sox, and most certainly inquired about rightfielder Magglio Ordonez. The White Sox need to trade Ordonez because he will make $14 million next season .

That was an excerpt from the article.

JDP
11-17-2003, 12:16 AM
Cashman also met with the White Sox, and most certainly inquired about rightfielder Magglio Ordonez. The White Sox need to trade Ordonez because he will make $14 million next season

That was an excerpt from the article.

So, an article that says "most certainly inquired" translates into: the Yankees are more than willing to take him off our hands?

Mammoo
11-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Jurr
I was reading the press threads on Pro Sports Daily.com, and I read a couple of interesting things.
1. Guillen is a big supporter of FG, and may think he can get Freddy's career turned around. If he could get back on track, he could be a welcome addition.

That **** never works! :angry:

Besides what does Guillen know about pitching? Even the Great Dusty Baker couldn't salvage Shawn Estes.

JDP
11-17-2003, 12:28 AM
I wonder if we'll be seeing those foreign film type subtitles on the bottom of our tv screen whenever Ozzie's talking on the tube.

Chisoxfn
11-17-2003, 01:46 AM
Most certainly tells me that they are simply assuming. For all we know Cashman was asking Kenny if he waxes or shaves :D:

Hangar18
11-17-2003, 08:33 AM
this is making me SICK. I understand losing your STAR/Franchise Player because of Injury or Tragedy. Maggs better not leave because of our Own self-imposed limits. Not to mention the SOX were the ones that signed him to that deal, with obviously no intention of HONORING the entire Contract....