PDA

View Full Version : Colon Ouchy?


joepoe
11-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Gammons said this morning there has not been a lot of interest in Colon because of his "elbow ligament". Hmmmm

StockdaleForVeep
11-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Colon has had minor elbow probs for past 2 seasons, i believe it was 2 years ago he went on the DL for the first time in his career due to an elbow issue. If he has probs, it aint showin

nasox
11-14-2003, 04:39 PM
man, grown men using ouchy. What has this world come to.

doublem23
11-14-2003, 05:58 PM
At least he didn't tear his labrum.

Somewhere, Nardi Contreras is laughing.

Daver
11-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
At least he didn't tear his labrum.

Somewhere, Nardi Contreras is laughing.


And still collecting a paycheck from the Chicago White Sox.

RKMeibalane
11-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Daver
And still collecting a paycheck from the Chicago White Sox.

I think the Sox lead the Majors in the number of employees they pay to sit around and do nothing.

All of this can be blamed on one man -------------------> :reinsy

mike squires
11-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Has he had a physical recently? I find it discouraging the Sox offered so much money for him if in fact he has an ouchy...I mean an injury.

chisoxt
11-14-2003, 08:04 PM
In a way, I am relieved that Colon did not accept the deal the the Sox were offering. yes, he was good down the stretch, but he aslo disappeared at other time earlier in the year.

The Sox would be much better off taking the same money and spreading it out over other needs.

Daver
11-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
In a way, I am relieved that Colon did not accept the deal the the Sox were offering. yes, he was good down the stretch, but he aslo disappeared at other time earlier in the year.

The Sox would be much better off taking the same money and spreading it out over other needs.

The Sox will have to find two starting pitchers to replace the 242 innings that Bartolo pitched last season,and that means going with unproven talent in the starting rotation,or getting lucky enough to sign two proven quality starters for less than six mil each.

We will see what the market brings,but I will hope that Bartolo chooses to accept arbitration and return to the Sox.

RKMeibalane
11-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Daver
The Sox will have to find two starting pitchers to replace the 242 innings that Bartolo pitched last season,and that means going with unproven talent in the starting rotation,or getting lucky enough to sign two proven quality starters for less than six mil each.

We will see what the market brings,but I will hope that Bartolo chooses to accept arbitration and return to the Sox.

I agree. Getting Colon back for less than what was originally offered would be great. JR would get to save money (ugh!), and the Sox would retain a proven starter, someone capable of winning 15-20 games.

Having said that, I hope Colon comes back in better shape next season. He looked to be a little on the chubby side in 2003.

34 Inch Stick
11-15-2003, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RKMeibalane
[B]I think the Sox lead the Majors in the number of employees they pay to sit around and do nothing.

Yet still a few behind City Hall.

CubKilla
11-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt
The Sox would be much better off taking the same money and spreading it out over other needs.

Too bad JR doesn't work this way. And..... considering the rumors that Colon's offer from the White Sox was heavily-laden with incentives and deferments..... I'd be suprised if, when all is said and done, Colon would have been making $6 million in cash a year.

And considering most here agree that Ponson will command $6-$7 million AND couple that with the fact that the Sox are shopping Koch/Konerko/Maggs/CLee to pay for a SP and you soon realize that the money offered to Colon was for Colon only. God forbid JR use it to try and lure another FASP to Chicago's SouthSide.

jeremyb1
11-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Daver
The Sox will have to find two starting pitchers to replace the 242 innings that Bartolo pitched last season,and that means going with unproven talent in the starting rotation,or getting lucky enough to sign two proven quality starters for less than six mil each.

We will see what the market brings,but I will hope that Bartolo chooses to accept arbitration and return to the Sox.

I'd rather have Ponson's 216 quality innings at a fraction of the cost than resign Colon.

SoxxoS
11-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I'd rather have Ponson's 216 quality innings at a fraction of the cost than resign Colon.

I'll second that notion.

TheRockinMT
11-17-2003, 01:51 PM
I hope we can re-sign Bartolo also. 242 innings and 15-16 wins is a lot better than the unknowns that are out there. I remember all the talk about Colon being out of shape and playing hurt when we traded for him, but nothing materialized and he performed very well. I think he can still challenge for 20 wins and I hope it's with the Sox. We spend an awful lot of time degrading our own players for some reason.