PDA

View Full Version : Piazza wants to play in AL

Paulwny
11-14-2003, 07:27 AM
From Newsday:

The 35-year-old catcher has been unhappy with the Mets' direction, the source said, and particularly displeased with the idea of becoming a first baseman. Piazza would prefer a situation where he could catch a few days a week and start at designated hitter the other days, and would be willing to waive his no-trade privilege for the right deal.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-mike1114,0,7808651.story?coll=ny-sports-span-headlines

Rocklive99
11-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Piazza for Koch ;)

KingXerxes
11-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Anyone who takes Piazza is assuming a HUGE risk relative to his health. I'm not sure we can afford such a risk right now.

washington
11-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Sox sure could use a big immobile power-hitting bad fielder on the squad.

wsgdf
11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Koch and Konerko for Piazza?

kittle42
11-14-2003, 03:18 PM
How about Konerko for pizza. Then we would only have to bargain over whether the Mets would give us New York style or Chicago style.

davenicholson
11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
How about Konerko for pizza. Then we would only have to bargain over whether the Mets would give us New York style or Chicago style.

G*d, I hate NY style pizza!

RKMeibalane
11-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by davenicholson

G*d, I hate NY style pizza!

Bad pun alert!

StillMissOzzie
11-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Anyone who takes Piazza is assuming a HUGE risk relative to his health. I'm not sure we can afford such a risk right now.

I remeber when he was shopping around his mammoth contract demands when he ultimately went to the Mets. Piazza, or his agent, said that people didn't understand the market, as he wanted a 7 year deal for a large sum of $$$ per year. And I thought, anyone locking in a CATCHER for 7 years should have their head examined, becasue there's no way he'd still be catching for all 7 years of that deal. Sure enough, both sides of the deal are looking at ways to part-time Piazza as a catcher; Piazza willing to go to the AL and catch / DH, the Mets wanting him to play 1B

SMO

RedPinStripes
11-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by wsgdf
Koch and Konerko for Piazza?

That's impossible because it would be too good to be true. I would do that in a heart beat. Getting rid of one usless closer and a slow 1/4 season hitting dh/1b. If we got rid of Konerko, I'd take Piazza in a minute, but if he dont like the Met's direction, why would he come to the Sox with a manager whose 3 years older then him and an owner who wants to cut payroll some how? Damn i wish this could get done.

nasox
11-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

we already have chicago style so we would get new york style and burn it to hell, thereby making the only pizza chicago style and thus claiming our further superiorcy to Eew York. And, as a bonus, we wouldnt have Konerko.

WinningUgly!
11-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Piazza is only willing to play in the AL because Roger Clemens is retiring! http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif