PDA

View Full Version : carlos lee talks stall

dkings34
11-13-2003, 07:00 PM
The talks with the Chicago White Sox about left fielder Carlos Lee, which a team source said the Dodgers initiated, apparently stalled because the Dodgers are unwilling to include Mota in the deal. First baseman Paul Konerko remains a possibility for Perez.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers13nov13,1,1768655.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger

SoxxoS
11-13-2003, 07:12 PM
That is a beautiful thing.

nodiggity59
11-13-2003, 09:04 PM
I was wondering if we try to move Konerko on this deal, we should pick up some of the tab. I would be willing to split the total cost of the two players with the Dodgers, hell I'd pay 60 percent of the cost. If worst comes to worst I'd rather overpay for pitching then be stuck next year with the same problem. And I'd rather be stuck with the same problem than lose Lee. He's on the verge of big things.

Either way, we should be very "creative" in moving Konerko here while we got some kind of a chance and only move Lee for Perez AND Mota at the LEAST.

nodiggity59
11-13-2003, 09:05 PM
BTW, can you post some quotes for non - subscribers? Maybe stuff you didn't mention if there is any....

OEO Magglio
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
BTW, can you post some quotes for non - subscribers? Maybe stuff you didn't mention if there is any....
That's actually all they say about that, the article is more about gagne winning the cy young, its just a little tidbit.

The_Floridian
11-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Whew. I hope this is accurate. I'm gonna have to throw some furniture if Lee or Ordonez get moved.

About the Perez/Konerko deal. Perez is a good pitcher, and has the capacity to become a great one, but his stats have been helped by Dodger stadium, and the move to the AL won't pay off at first. If we snagged him, I think we'd still need to sign Ponson to have a solid rotation for next year.

Jjav829
11-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59

It really isn't much of a subscription. As someone posted in a thread about passwords a while ago, if you aren't registered and looking to read any free newspaper articles, use "bselig" as both the name and password. Works for a lot of them, including this one.

hold2dibber
11-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
Whew. I hope this is accurate. I'm gonna have to throw some furniture if Lee or Ordonez get moved.

About the Perez/Konerko deal. Perez is a good pitcher, and has the capacity to become a great one, but his stats have been helped by Dodger stadium, and the move to the AL won't pay off at first. If we snagged him, I think we'd still need to sign Ponson to have a solid rotation for next year.

Perez is definitely not the guy to replace Colon in the rotation - he's the guy to replace Wright/Cotts/Stewart in the rotation. The Sox still would need another good starter.

By the way, while Perez's numbers in '03 were MUCH better at Dodgers Stadium than on the road, in his break out year of '02, he was equally great on the road.

hold2dibber
11-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by dkings34
The talks with the Chicago White Sox about left fielder Carlos Lee, which a team source said the Dodgers initiated, apparently stalled because the Dodgers are unwilling to include Mota in the deal. First baseman Paul Konerko remains a possibility for Perez.

I think KW's been reading my posts (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=26540&s=&perpage=15&pagenumber=1&display=show) ! :D:

daveeym
11-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
It really isn't much of a subscription. As someone posted in a thread about passwords a while ago, if you aren't registered and looking to read any free newspaper articles, use "bselig" as both the name and password. Works for a lot of them, including this one.

Does that work on adult sites too? :)

34 Inch Stick
11-14-2003, 03:03 PM
No on those sites it is BJselig.

jeremyb1
11-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
By the way, while Perez's numbers in '03 were MUCH better at Dodgers Stadium than on the road, in his break out year of '02, he was equally great on the road.

Yep, I noticed that myself yesterday, that's a really important point.