PDA

View Full Version : SOX finally get what they want?

StockdaleForVeep
11-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Apparently the sox finally got what they wanted and mandatory steroid testing will begin, we finally won a battle??

Mandatory Testing (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-steroids&prov=ap&type=lgns)

voodoochile
11-13-2003, 06:20 PM
That link doesn't work.

oheeoh...magglio
11-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Sammy is crapping his pants right about now.

:shammy

"How do I hit dee home run and make dee fan happy without dee juice?"

Randar68
11-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That link doesn't work.

Link's not working but it's an AP story, so here:

More than 5 percent of players test positive for steroids

By RONALD BLUM, AP Sports Writer
November 13, 2003
NEW YORK (AP) -- More than 5 percent of major league players tested positive for steroids this year, triggering automatic testing starting next season.

Under the labor contract players and owners agreed to last year, all players were tested this year as part of a survey, with the samples not identified by player. The agreement called for mandatory testing to begin the year after any season in which more than 5 percent tested positive.

The commissioner's office announced Thursday that the threshold has been exceeded, but the exact percentage was not released.

Starting next March, tests will be given and samples will be identified by player.

Thank GOD, because these guys are ruining the game and the careers of other more deserving players.

Karim Garcia, come on down!

Sammy is going to come to camp looking trim, must be a new offseason conditioning program where he sits on his ass and shrivels up like a dried chile pepper.

hold2dibber
11-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Sammy is crapping his pants right about now.

:shammy

"How do I hit dee home run and make dee fan happy without dee juice?"

Prices on cork futures are probably going through the roof right now!

Randar68
11-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

*****!!!! Now that was a good one!

oheeoh...magglio
11-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

voodoochile
11-13-2003, 07:35 PM
How stupid are these people anyway? They had 6 months to get clean and they still took the damned steroids. One f'n season of being clean and they could have injected whatever they wanted forever. Bulked up until they split the seams on their shirts.

Un-be-****-ing-lievable...

:nandrolone
"Don't look at me. I switched to cork..."

PaleHoseGeorge
11-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
....Sammy is going to come to camp looking trim, must be a new offseason conditioning program where he sits on his ass and shrivels up like a dried chile pepper.

Yes that it true, but think how much he'll save by not losing big bags of money that nobody ever bothers to investigate!

:corker

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-13-2003, 07:46 PM
ESPN.com has the suspensions and such:
A first positive test for steroid use would result in treatment and a second in a 15-day suspension or fine of up to $10,000.

The length of suspensions would increase to 25 days for a third positive test, 50 days for a fourth and one year for a fifth. The suspensions would be without pay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1661145

StockdaleForVeep
11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanx randar for postin the ap story and my appologies for havin the link not work.

Maybe wrigley will try and push their ball park expansion ideas further and move the fences in like 50 feet so sammy can get more homerun clout, who knows, maybe they will make it a ball park where tony womack is a home run titan(not inside the park ones)

dougs78
11-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
ESPN.com has the suspensions and such:
A first positive test for steroid use would result in treatment and a second in a 15-day suspension or fine of up to $10,000.

The length of suspensions would increase to 25 days for a third positive test, 50 days for a fourth and one year for a fifth. The suspensions would be without pay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1661145

Wait a minute. So if someone gets caught with steroids they get a stay on the DL for all intents and purposes? That seems awfully light to me. Don't you miss more than half a season in the NFL and NBA for these offenses? I guess it has to start somewhere, but geez, this seems too small.

Or maybe they are counting on players being scared of having the stigma of cheating attached to their name.

:shammy:

"I alreedy deed dat, and ery-one steel loves me! Brink me my needle!"

Jjav829
11-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Heh, just found this funny. On rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/) , they put the news of this under Barry Bonds. For those who don't know rotoworld.com is a fantasy sports site but they cover all news on the four major sports. Usually they post the story about a player under the players name. All their stories go under someones name. They don't use general topics, so for this one they put it under Bonds name. :smile:

Randar68
11-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Heh, just found this funny. On rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/) , they put the news of this under Barry Bonds. For those who don't know rotoworld.com is a fantasy sports site but they cover all news on the four major sports. Usually they post the story about a player under the players name. All their stories go under someones name. They don't use general topics, so for this one they put it under Bonds name. :smile:

THG now on the list. See ya Giambi and Bonds. THEY GONE!