PDA

View Full Version : When JR Dies...

poorme
11-12-2003, 03:01 PM
who becomes the managing partner? Anyone know?

jabrch
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
:threadsucks

Not even funny...

Seriously though - standard corporate governance would have a new election for a new managing partner. The Reinsdorf estate would still have a large chunk of say in that vote, as they control the single largest (yet still minority as I understand it) block of shares of the Sox. No idea who it would be...but lets hope for a more orderly change in ownership than that.

Iwritecode
11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Maybe JR's family can convince the ownership group to sell to someone who actually cares about winning and take their HUGE profit and live happily ever after...

IIRC, someone had mentioned a rumor that JR's family has been pressuring him to sell for a little while now.

poorme
11-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

Not even funny...

Wasn't meant to be funny. It was a serious question.

jabrch
11-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by poorme
Wasn't meant to be funny. It was a serious question.

ok, then I gave you a serious answer. Nobody yet - his family (or whomever they sell his interest to) would have a large say.

poorme
11-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Boston had a serious mess when their owner died a while back. Things were tied up in court for years.

washington
11-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Depends almost entirely on what is in their partnership agreement. Which is probably a bizarre, bizarre thing, given the partners.

john2499
11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know who the other Sox owners are ? How much does JR own ? What about EE ?

washington
11-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Not sure; the Sox' web site lists the team's "Board of Directors" includes some (not necessarily all) of the ownership partners. Some of the wealthiest people in Chicago:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/team/cws_frontoffice_dir.jsp?club_context=cws

Viva Magglio
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
I am sure there are already-made provisions that would go into effect shoud something, God forbid, happen to Reinsdorf. As much as we are all mad at him for this and that, none of us want anything bad to happen to him.

john2499
11-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by washington
Not sure; the Sox' web site lists the team's "Board of Directors" includes some (not necessarily all) of the ownership partners. Some of the wealthiest people in Chicago:

Thanks. Is that the same Lee Stern from the Sting ?

Lip Man 1
11-12-2003, 05:18 PM
All of the media individuals that I have interviewed for the site say this is the million dollar question. None of them have any idea what will take place but the feeling is that this club will remained controlled by the Reinsdorf family.

I have heard from three sources including an individual who worked for the Sox, that Reinsdorf's wife, Martel, has been urging her husband to sell for the past five years yet he refuses to listen to her.

Lip

jabrch
11-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by john2499
Thanks. Is that the same Lee Stern from the Sting ?

Yes, that definitely is the same Lee Stern.