PDA

View Full Version : Sox Trading Priorities

crector
11-11-2003, 08:45 PM
New pitching is the Sox's real need. Let's not trade for any new players unless they are pitchers.

voodoochile
11-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Too generic for me. I think their priorities are CF and SP, but I want a CF who can hit a bit not just another all glove bottom of the order bat.

crector
11-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Why would KW want another CF candidate when the Sox already have Borchard, Harris, Reed and Rowand?

voodoochile
11-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by crector
Why would KW want another CF candidate when the Sox already have Borchard, Harris, Reed and Rowand?

I don't want a candidate, I want a ML CF. None of those guys have proven they are one.

jeremyb1
11-12-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I don't want a candidate, I want a ML CF. None of those guys have proven they are one.

The poll might lack the proper information in that it doesn't list a probably budget. If the budget is 50 million, there's no option but to dump salary, if its 60 million as projected, it'd be wise to dump salary if we want to resign any of our players and/or sign free agents and if the payroll is limitless then there's absolutely no benefit to dumping salary from the fans point of view.

lowesox
11-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Lets face it this team is in a bad place. They want to get better and pay less - with one of the worst GMs in baseball. Not so good.

I think the priority should be to try and get a good GM like Gillick in here.