PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal?

cornball
11-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Heard on the radio but they didn't elaborate about a hot stove trade involving Boston, Texas and the Angels....with Nomar and ARod involved.....anyone hear that?

Paulwny
11-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by cornball
Heard on the radio but they didn't elaborate about a hot stove trade involving Boston, Texas and the Angels....with Nomar and ARod involved.....anyone hear that?

From NEWSDAY:

In these discussions, the Rangers would send Rodriguez to the Red Sox, Boston would ship superstar shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to Anaheim and the Angels would send shortstop David Eckstein and a few pitchers to Texas.

Dadawg_77
11-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
From NEWSDAY:

In these discussions, the Rangers would send Rodriguez to the Red Sox, Boston would ship superstar shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to Anaheim and the Angels would send shortstop David Eckstein and a few pitchers to Texas.

If Boston pulls that off, they beat the Yankees next year.

cornball
11-11-2003, 05:54 PM
That would liven up the place a little....LOL

hold2dibber
11-11-2003, 05:58 PM
There's no way Boston does that deal unless it can unload Ramirez on someone.

soxtalker
11-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Why? Has Boston stated a budget limit? Now, it would surprise me in that they've gone out of their way to hire a GM that is a Billy Beane disciple, though that in itself doesn't mean that you can't apply the same principles with a high payroll. The Red Sox do have all of New England to draw from, and I'm not sure how lucrative their TV/radio deal is.

Lip Man 1
11-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Ken Rosenthal on TSN radio today said the deal makes sense however he also said the fact that the Red Sox were trying to dump Ramirez says something about their payroll plans.

He said he can't see Boston letting two players (A-Rod and Manny) take 45 million of the total payroll next season.

Lip

npdempse
11-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Ken Rosenthal on TSN radio today said the deal makes sense however he also said the fact that the Red Sox were trying to dump Ramirez says something about their payroll plans.

He said he can't see Boston letting two players (A-Rod and Manny) take 45 million of the total payroll next season.

Lip

My impressions from my BoSox friend is that unloading Ramirez is in part a priority because of the big F-U he gave them this season, calling in sick when he was supposed to play the Yankees, and saying that he wanted to wear pinstripes.

doublem23
11-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Aren't the Angels the frontrunners in the race fo Kaz Matsui?

oheeoh...magglio
11-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Agreed. There is NO WAY Boston will carry both ARod's and Ramirez's contracts. Only way this happens is if either it involves the BoSox unloading Manny or the Rangers picking up a good chunck of ARod's salary.

Lip Man 1
11-11-2003, 08:01 PM
The last I had heard the Mets were considered the favorites for Kaz. With the idea of shifting him to 2nd or 3rd base.

Lip

DSpivack
11-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The last I had heard the Mets were considered the favorites for Kaz. With the idea of shifting him to 2nd or 3rd base.

Lip

I don't think the big star he was in Japan would come here and change positions. I think the Mets sign him and move young stud Jose Reyes to 2B or 3B.

MRKARNO
11-11-2003, 11:29 PM
The Arizona rumor is Schilling to the Yanks, Sexson to the DBacks and Nick Johnson to the Brew Crew

StillMissOzzie
11-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Does the Boston - Rangers - Angels deal take the BoSox out of the Colon bidding?

SMO
:gulp: