11-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Here come the flubs!

Chicago SunTimes:

1 Cub Story
0 Sox Story

Chicago Cubune:

1 Cub Story
0 Sox Story

After the SOX came out of the Gate with a 13 Story OutBurst (still a record from last year) the Cubs & the Media have quietly gone
on a 6 story run of their own. Theyve quickly cut the Lead in Half!!

Sox 13
Cub 6

moochpuppy
11-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Here come the flubs!

After the SOX came out of the Gate with a 13 Story OutBurst (still a record from last year) the Cubs & the Media have quietly gone

Sox 13
Cub 6

Looks like they left Garland in there too long again.

soxnut
11-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Why bother Hangar? Like I said last week, when you started posting this again, after the Ozzie hiring, the media will realize what they have done, and get the Cubs caught up.

nasox
11-12-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Why bother Hangar? Like I said last week, when you started posting this again, after the Ozzie hiring, the media will realize what they have done, and get the Cubs caught up.

I don't care because the count hangar is doing is great entertainment. At the end of this off season, if you keep up with it, we'll see if all the comments we make about the cubune are true.
BTW Hangar, if we do you count opinions such as phil rogers in the cubune or something "and another thing" by steve rosenbloom (?) also in the trib? Steve just wrote an piece that was almost all dissing the sox.

soxnut
11-12-2003, 02:09 AM
I guess you can say it's entertaining. I already know the outcome. It's been the same outcome for the last 30 years.

john2499
11-12-2003, 04:14 PM
I can't wait to see how far the disparity is.

kempsted
11-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Today, the 12th on the Score at 12:30 those bozo's were talking and they said. "When your team is as bad as this team is and they really are bad." I of course assumed they were talking about the bears... but they went on - "They have no business having a guy with a 14 million - they need to move Ordonez."

Huh? Bad - they only lost two fewer games than the beloved Cubs and were two wins away from a playoff (with Minnesota) How is that a bad team?

Stupid.

kittle42
11-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by kempsted

Huh? Bad - they only lost two fewer games than the beloved Cubs and were two wins away from a playoff (with Minnesota) How is that a bad team?

Stupid.

They're both Sox fans.

And the Sox are bad.

DrCrawdad
11-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Here come the flubs!

Chicago SunTimes:

1 Cub Story
0 Sox Story

Chicago Cubune:

1 Cub Story
0 Sox Story

Sox 13
Cub 6

Has anyone here at WSI posted a note about this article? (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/chi-0311130342nov13,1,3813775.story)

(Guillen's) passion will trans-form a fractious team and restless fan base, pre-suming he is competent enough... Unlike the Cubs, the Sox don't have a Mark Prior, a Sammy Sosa, a Dusty Baker. Nor is their ball-park a baseball funhouse such as Wrigley Field.

...Their ballpark is boring. Their team is uninspiring. Someone has to provide a spark.

john2499
11-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
They're both Sox fans.

And the Sox are bad.
How is a team that finished 10 games over .500 a bad team???
Maybe not as good, as we would like, but definitely not bad.

Foulke You
11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by john2499
How is a team that finished 10 games over .500 a bad team???
Maybe not as good, as we would like, but definitely not bad.

Agreed. The 2003 Sox weren't a "bad" team. They were a decent team with a poor decision making manager that just wasn't quite good enough to get over the hump. The Tigers, Padres, and Brewers...now THAT is a bad team.

soxnut
11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Has anyone here at WSI posted a note about this article? (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/chi-0311130342nov13,1,3813775.story)

You know,some of the stuff I can agree with, but I don't think the ballpark is boring. But what else can you expect for the Cubune. I think Wrigle is one of the most boring ballparks there is. And not just because I'm a Sox fan. Haven't been to Wrigley in 10 years, but I know nothing has changed.

And on another note, I watched ABC7 news tonight. Brad Palmer talking about Bears practice and their locker room at Halas Hall. He mentioned how quiet it was and how noone was really in there and the said "kind of like the White Sox clubhouse after a victory." What kind of crap is that to throw that out there? I am tired of these jabs the media gets away with. It seems like every time these dumb-### media types get a chance to knock the Sox, they do. What is going on here lately? :angry:

Brian26
11-14-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Agreed. The 2003 Sox weren't a "bad" team. They were a decent team with a poor decision making manager that just wasn't quite good enough to get over the hump. The Tigers, Padres, and Brewers...now THAT is a bad team.

The 2003 Sox weren't just a decent team either. They were an EXCELLENT team that just did not play up to its potential in crucial games. This team was frickin' loaded, and it couldn't get the job done.

Brian26
11-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
And on another note, I watched ABC7 news tonight. Brad Palmer talking about Bears practice and their locker room at Halas Hall. He mentioned how quiet it was and how noone was really in there and the said "kind of like the White Sox clubhouse after a victory." What kind of crap is that to throw that out there? I am tired of these jabs the media gets away with. It seems like every time these dumb-### media types get a chance to knock the Sox, they do. What is going on here lately? :angry:

Brad Palmer needs his ass kicked. What a troll.

Here's another classic for you...

I'm watching the Ch 2 news last week at 10pm, and Adamle has a story on the Cell renovations. He shows some cool video and says "you really have to hand it to the Sox...they've responded to the fans complaints and concerns...they're trying to make it better." At that point, he turns to chubby Dianne Burns, and she says, "WELL, they STILL need some bars or something around there. Maybe a cafe across the street."

What the hell is that?

Let me tell you something, Dianne. Who the hell wants your fat ass walking around when I'm trying to watch a baseball game anyway? Take your plump ass home and work on the Atkins diet. You're fat and ugly, and I don't like you. I don't know anyone else that likes you either. You have no talent. And did I mention you're plump?

DrCrawdad
11-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Brad Palmer needs his ass kicked. What a troll.

Here's another classic for you...

I'm watching the Ch 2 news last week at 10pm, and Adamle has a story on the Cell renovations. He shows some cool video and says "you really have to hand it to the Sox...they've responded to the fans complaints and concerns...they're trying to make it better." At that point, he turns to chubby Dianne Burns, and she says, "WELL, they STILL need some bars or something around there. Maybe a cafe across the street."

What the hell is that?

Let me tell you something, Dianne. Who the hell wants your fat ass walking around when I'm trying to watch a baseball game anyway? Take your plump ass home and work on the Atkins diet. You're fat and ugly, and I don't like you. I don't know anyone else that likes you either. You have no talent. And did I mention you're plump?

Funny thing is I think that Dianne Burns is somewhat of a Sox fan.

The media just keeps knocking away at the Sox. But if you talk about it outside the confines of WSI people think you're plainly paranoid.

http://www.notsosketchy.com/fish.jpg