PDA

View Full Version : Love, Actually Sox Cameo

fledgedrallycap
11-11-2003, 08:26 AM
I got dragged to this Romantic Comedy over the weekend, Love Actually (which wasn't too bad considering my expectations going in). Anyway, there is a scene where this guy goes to a bar in Milwaukee and a big Miller Lite Sox Sign is clearly positioned in the background for about five minutes. I of course brought that to my girlfriends attention who proceeded to not care at all.

That's all - it's a slow news day...

DrCrawdad
11-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I got dragged to this Romantic Comedy over the weekend, Love Actually (which wasn't too bad considering my expectations going in). Anyway, there is a scene where this guy goes to a bar in Milwaukee and a big Miller Lite Sox Sign is clearly positioned in the background for about five minutes. I of course brought that to my girlfriends attention who proceeded to not care at all.

That's all - it's a slow news day...

Convert her, or dump her! Interfaith marriages don't work. :D:

Mo308oM
11-11-2003, 09:01 AM
lmao, i would do the same thing is i was watching a movie with my bf. i get excited over lil things like that. :D

MarqSox
11-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Wow, a movie with Milwaukee and the White Sox? I gotta get out to see that one! :)

SoxRulecubsdrool
11-11-2003, 05:31 PM
I almost got talked into that one before I persuaded my wife into seeing Elf. :gulp:

Realist
11-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Convert her, or dump her! Interfaith marriages don't work. :D:

*Sigh* This living and working on the northside of Chicago is getting mighty lonely. One of the first things I ask a cute girl when I meet her is, "Are you a Sox or Cubs fan?". If she answers, "Cubs" she suddenly looks like a boy to me and I'm uninterested.

Sometimes being an elitist is tough. :cool:

DrCrawdad
11-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
I almost got talked into that one before I persuaded my wife into seeing Elf. :gulp:

That looks funny. What do you think of it?

http://www.energycodes.gov/images/reply.gif

DrCrawdad
11-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Realist
*Sigh* This living and working on the northside of Chicago is getting mighty lonely. One of the first things I ask a cute girl when I meet her is, "Are you a Sox or Cubs fan?". If she answers, "Cubs" she suddenly looks like a boy to me and I'm uninterested.

Sometimes being an elitist is tough. :cool:

If she says, "Cubs," she could possibly be a boy.

Lola, L-O-L-A...

ewokpelts
11-11-2003, 06:52 PM
If she says, "Cubs," she could possibly be a boy.

Lola, L-O-L-A...

especially if you meet "her" near wrigleyville

Gene

Daver
11-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts

Gene

:crossdresser

rmusacch
11-11-2003, 07:13 PM
That looks funny. What do you think of it?

http://www.energycodes.gov/images/reply.gif

I know you are not asking me, but I thought it was hilarious.

Realist
11-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts

Gene

Yep. That's where I work. I manage a bar 4 blocks north of the Urinal. I don't think my sphincter has yet fully unpuckered from the anticipation of going to work to babysit the Flub fans during the middle of game 6. I left the house with the Flubs winning and had to walk 4 blocks to my car. I felt like Sean Penn in "Dead Man Walking" (keeping the movie theme going). By the time I got to my car, the Marlins had taken the lead. Thank you, Jesus.

I'm sure it was bad enough watching the Flubs come within a hair of winning the pennant at home for most of you, but nobody will ever understand the hell I was in living everyday surrounded by huge piles of drunken yahoo Flubs fans. I felt like I was dying.

I'm planning post game Sox fan parties at the bar for after the games the Sox play at the Urinal next summer. For some reason, we actually do get a very good number of Sox fans that come in there all year round. Maybe they can sense my good vibe. :cool:

ewokpelts
11-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Daver
:crossdresser

who's the "girl"?
Gene

hogsmom
11-13-2003, 07:45 AM
The movieMr. Destiny was filmed in Winston-Salem. I got my baseball fix when I caught it the other day. The movie closed with Jim Belushi walking off the field. God, I miss the days in the bleachers already!

joepoe
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
The wife saw that movie the other day with her girlfriend. She wondered why there would be a Sox beer sign in Brewer country.

TDog
11-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Strange, isn't it, that we realistic White Sox fans are accused of being perpetually unhappy about the state of our team while a small movie reference can make us happy.

Years ago, a long-distance girlfriend told me she had seen and enjoyed "My Best Friend's Wedding." I told her I liked the stuff about the Sox.

CubKilla
11-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Best "ex-Sox" player in a movie: Ray Liotta as "Shoeless" Joe in Field of Dreams.

Best "Old" Comiskey moment in a movie: Only the Lonely with John Candy.

Thought I'd throw out my two faves since, I too, enjoy seeing White Sox references in Hollywood movies considering so many of Hollywood's stars claim to be Cub "fans".